Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Attaching Snowblower on 712

SMahler

Well don't I feel like a fool. I have been enjoying plowing snow with my 712S this season, and thought this weekend's 12 inch powder would be a perfect first try for the blower. What a pain to get it attached! I ended up running out of time and went back to the blade. Any tips from the pros on getting the 'hooks' over the front of the frame, and then the pin holes lined up with the mounts on the axle? Would it help to put the blower on a flat dolly first? Does it get fast and easy with practice? Thanks for your help!

Not exactly sure what a 712S looks like, but I'm running an old style single belt snowthrower with a combo clutch/hitch on a newer Sovereign with electric PTO. I had to cut off the clutch lever to get the clutch/hitch up and into place due to the front frame extension on the newer Sovereigns vs the older 60's tractors. So I disconnect the snowthrower head from the clutch/hitch assembly and first install just the clutch/hitch, then reattach the snowthrower head. Only drawback is some wrench work is required.

Steve Welcome to the club. Take the hitch off from the blower and put it on the tractor first. slide the notches over the axel then swing the arms into place and put the pins in. Now slide the blower up to the hitch and tilt the blower forward bringing the pin holes in to place and install pins. Now install the belt and lift rod and you are good to go.

Thanks - that is EXACTLY the kind of tip I was hoping to hear....in the spring I will be asking the same question about the tiller!