Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JP

B10 & Vacuum

JP
My Son & I are trying to sort out how to mount a PTO Vac on a B10. I don't get over to his garage very often, so it's tough to know how this hooks up. I have experience with the Sovereign class mountings both with & w/o the slip clutch and I know there was a RH drive for them. Which side does the B10 Drive this from? Does anyone have a B10 that uses a PTO Vac? I see a lot of pictures of them pulling the cart around, none showing the 'nuts & bolts' of the set up. Thanks in advance for any replies, JP

Kent
The early B-10 drove the vac off the right side of the PTO and the late B-10 drove it off the left side. In either case, you need a 4" drive pulley, plus you have to have a vac from an old machine that has an idler clutch mechanism on it, to engage/disengage the vac. The vacs on newer machines that had cone clutch PTOs don't have this idler clutch mechanism on it -- they engaged the vac and the mower deck at the same time from the cone clutch. I had an early vac that could be driven from either side of the BGB and that had the idler clutch and lever on it, but I traded it off for a later style one when I put the cone clutch in my HB-216 and started running a 7000-series 48" deck under it. So, I can't show any pictures....