Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Trailer Rides! Having Fun!

FrankP

I bought this trailer on and add here in the Simple tractor group. Changed out the decking and wood, to make a bench seat on each side. We are now having fun giving the kids rides in the Trailer!

If you put a blank line between each pic, they will not string out to the right but will display vertically so you don't need to scroll right and left to see them... See Maynards Sticky Post at the top of every forum...

I like to do the same thing with my two kids, my niece, and other kids from the neighborhood. I'm starting to get quite popular with the little ones! Honestly, I don't know who is having more fun, me or the kids. From the looks of the pictures above, I'd think you'd probably say the same. DaveM

Frank, Congrates on your new set up! But be careful, you may be top heavy, round'in corners! And watch out splitting lanes in traffic! When going to town for supplies, giving hay rides, or pick'in up chicks at Starbucks, we use the lean, mean, narrow setup, for flying hayrides through the woods, passing cars on the way into town, or parking in line w/the Harleys in front of Starbucks. We do use the roomy, wide-body cart occassionally, but the last time, one of the boys forgot, and stuck the cart between two trees on a hayride. :( That's when we installed seatbelts, on the wide-body cart. ;) two guests on a hayride

Thanks Andy The "CG" center of Gravity is not bad at all. Even with mommy in the back it rides fine. The trailer is 48" wide. so it is a little wider than normal. Love the pick of you and your daughter in the back of your trailer. I really got in to these old tractors because my Grandfather had one when we were growing up. I was looking to have the same fun and good times with my kids. Cheers Frank

Frank, Thanks for the compliment, but that's not me in the cart... That's one of the boys and his daughter! Yes, these old tractors are terrific, you'll have the fun memories too! Noted your wide wheel base, and extra wide tires. And, as I'm sure you know, I'm just kidding about the lane splitting :).

Good idea on the seats Frank. Looks like everyone is enjoying the ride.:) Like those wide tires on the trailer too.8D

I used the tandem cart rig shown in the linked post last year at Halloween to tow the gang around. This year I just hooked up a spare battery to the lights on the snowmobile trailer, tossed a couple hay bales on top, hooker her up to the 3310 V and around the block we went..... ... and yes that is my real beard, sprayed with that colored hair spray just for the occaision!! http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=10319&SearchTerms=halloween

My my Kirk, 1st a finger, now a beard... in the pics. careful dude, you might be recognized... That still isn't me in the cart.

Nice looking trailer Frank. Looks like a lot of fun! Oh yeah, now I know what my Big Ten is supposed to look like when I'm finished.....LOLOL! That's one sweet rig! Larry

The wife of a buddy of mine was giving some of her nieces and nephews ride in a wagon. I guess the weight shifted to the back of the trailer as she started down a slope. It lifted the rear wheels off the ground and therefore lost brakes and traction, causing her to roll the Murray. Everyone was OK, but it was scary.

Good point Dennis, although I might point out that a Murry is much lighter in the hindquaters than a B-series or Landlord. I keep rear wheel weights on all my tractors year round which helps too. It all boils down to knowing your equipment and it's limits, and the laws of gravity. Larry

Larry, Miller, thanks Maybe it is just the lay out of that trailer, or maybe it is just "dad" taking it easy. But we really have a stable platform. Guess that 48" wide profile helps... ;) I agree with knowing your equipment and your limits. It is not about really going fast, it is about enjoying the outdoors and enjoying the time as family. I also admit, 90 percent of the time I am driving, I am looking backwards! Daddycat,, love the halloween set up! Thanks Cheers Frank

This is what Charlie built for show use. Started with a premade cart from the blue box store. Set the axle back for ride and to increase tounge wheight Put bearing in the wheels, made the handrail. Bolted on his $2.00 van seats with belts.

As you see from this shot sometimes it gets called on to haul more than people. Only thing is you do have to be carefull it is fat like others have said.

Frank, That is a fine looking rig you have there, looks like everyone is having a good time too. Thanks for the pics.8D^

At the Sycamore, IL Steam and Power Show, they have a train of trailers pulled around the show. It looks like they took old 55 gallon drums on their sides, cut a hole, mouned a board inside for a seat, added an axle, tongue and rear hitch. Each is painted a tractor manufacturer's color with decal. The kids love it.

I have seen the 55 gallon barrel train. that looks like fun also. JK, love the van seats! But with my little kids, I had to have something that keeps fingers and toes in side the ride. Glad to hear the everyone enjoys playing as much as working with these old tractors! actually i guess it is all play ;) Cheers Frank

I love the idea. Every year when my family and friends come up for 4th of July i give them a ride on my 5X10 trailer.I will be sure to post pix next time

I pulled my tandem axle trailer carrying three motorcycle engine tractors in a local parade with my 61 Wards a few years back. Only problem was that it wanted to do a wheelie if the clutch was released too quickly.