Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will this work?????

Bunky

Bunky, How do the uprights and idlers on that hitch fit up underneath the hood? Note how the hood overhangs the front axle... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1972/sovereign_600.jpg[/img] That's for a 3212 or older, as best I can tell...

Bunky, try sending oldone a pm. Last I knew he was looking for that hitch and had yours. Possible trade ???

Well I don't have this hitch, in the Classifieds is a blower off a 3415 with Hitch.. and this is a picture of there hitch.....

Kent, Bunky's hitch is the same kind I'm using on my GHTL. To make it fit up through the extended frame sides, I cut off the clutch engagement arm. With the arm gone, it fits up in there fine. The clutch is an "overcenter" device, so I just keep it permanently engaged by pushing the linkage downward with my hand. I use an electric PTO to engage/disengage the blower.

Well Here's another Ad that the picture isn't to clear but looks like the one above and they say it fit's a 900 series... So I guess I'm confused.. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2365140642&category=42230[/url]

The hitch above is for the older FDT tractors with the engine shaft thru the grill and the clutch in the hitch. This is the hitch for the RBT, 3400, 7000, 700 series with manual or electric front clutch

This is the hitch for the FDT, 3200, 2000, 2200, landloard, B series single belt.

Good diagrams of the difference, Maynard. Also a good pic of the winterizing heat shield (AY) for the oldies in the last picture...

Bunky, According to the MFR # in that eBay ad, that blower fits a 2012 through 3212... See the bottom of this page for 990487 http://www.simpletractors.com/what_fits/atch_(pg_31).htm ADDED: Oops -- you'll have to copy & paste that link -- it's broken!

OK that's what I wanted to see all along was a picture of the hitch I need to hook my blower to my 7000, 0r 3400 series tractors.. So I know what I was looking for and if I needed a front PTO or just a pulley.... Thanks....

If that hitch will work you wouldn't need a clutch as it is built into the hitch. I would make sure they had it working on a 3400 or 900 series tractor if they did have it working it will work for you. The biggest difference is the clutch rod on the hitch if it will fit inside of the grill on the newer tractors.

That is the exact hitch I have on my 7016h with a single belt 42" blower. It required barely any modification...the only thing I did was relocate the position of the clutch engagement lever. Spence

Well the gentleman that has the ad on Ebay Telephoned me and we talked and he checked and the one he has on ebay came off a yellow Allis his neighbor had..... And that he's gonna Change the Ad''''

i have a hitch like that that was on that 3314v, some additonal scrap metal was welded to the frame for hood clearance for some linkage, and had nother brace attached to the console to support the enguaging lever. $60 and ya can have the snowblower attch.