Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis sickle bar

rokon2813

I was offered a sickle bar today in real good shape, freely moving and well oiled for storage with all the knives intact and sharp. Is it worth $250 do you think? This is one toy that isnt for resale but if I ever decide to get rid of it can I get my money back out of it? Its even still A/C yellow:D

They're worth that much? Last year, my father gave the working sickle bar from my tractor to our tractor collecting neighbor in exchange for some work done.

Hi dan I sold a cable lift sicklebar (AC) last spring for $375.00 + shipping to someone in the mid-west. I don't think you'll lose anything hey. rob

Dan Ask Dutch about the waiting list of customers he has/had? for sickle bars. Or Sandy Lakes what they want for one. Is yours for a FDT or RBT, they are VERY different! $$$ worth, depends how clean, and if it's all present. An original owner, mint condition one, RARELY found with the factory painted mold board, divider rod and a factory manual , could bring anywhere from $300-600+. There's a fellow who has one in Illinois, a mfg no. 465, (for a FDT) it's a COMPLETE one w/cable lift and chain support parts. Has three fixable, broken guard teeth, and needs a cleaning, and amazingly, he's willing to disassemble it, and ship it. Wants $175.00 + shipping. That's free in my book. Will give you his name if you're look'in for one. Was about to have him ship, when Vanessa, the Starbucks chick laid down the law and said 'NO' just cause I already have one in the hall of fame, (which I don't use)... like tractors and dump carts, how can one get through life w/less than two or three Sickle bars??? So I have to let it go, and save the $$$ for other unnamed, clandestine, tractor stuff purchases. Look at the info at our site home, under, "Do It Yourself" about SB's and Roy's cadcam drawings to remanufacture the divider/mold board. Also check under "Operation." SB's are valued, and have a solid following after them!

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
My wife said Merry Christmas.
That's what we like to hear.:D We don't like to hear.....You're spending too much on that old junk.}:)

I have a 990210 sickle bar mower. I have the clutch guard, factory painted swathboard, and transport chain for it too. I have the divider rod on the way. The only thing not OEM is the bracket that holds the swathboard to the mower and the support chain bracket that mounts to the tractor. I even have a manual for it. It would be an interesting trade for me to part with this one. I also have the A-C cable lift sickle bar mower with what Rob tells me is the belt guard for it. This one too would yield an interesting trade. The third one is a Haban, with a manual and blueprint. Neat yes, but not really practical for most applications. I used the 990210 to pretty up the edges of a friend's hay field and along the stream where the big tractors can't get. Other than that one time, I've never used any of them.....

Andy, where in Illinois is the guy with the sickle? Which kind of sickblar fits the B series and which fits the RBT's? Dan, looks like you've got a neat toy there. Congrats.

Kirk, Asked once before! Only thing I don't have original, on my 210 is the clutch guard and it's not on the tractor (725). Would love to buy one from'ya, or get pics and dimensions to make one, or pay you to make one??? Thanks. I don't use mine either, but lots of people do and love them. When Vanessa's being a jerk, I go to the hall of fame and play with the SB. It's 1950's 'Erector Set' fun to the max. I believe all the simpls SB's are made by Haban. Chris, download 990465 or 990210 at simpltechpubs, that will get you to all the FDT B series SB's in one manual. There are maybe 5-6 models. They all fit B-series tractors. PM me for his info, if you like. The RBT's are planetary gear and you're gett'in into garu's Kirk or Dutch territory. And they know!!

Andy, sorry to disappoint you but I traded the spare clutch guard for the swathboard and bracket. I had to buy the divider rod seperately. You have the transport cahin too? That will be the second one I know of then. I think a lot of them got used as tow chains when the sickles were off the tractor and never returned to the mower when it was sold... I am no Guru, and really not on the new stuff. You seem to know more about these sickle bar mowers than I do, I thought there were only two of them(the 210 and cable lift). I'm currently sticking to the older stuff that by the time I'm done figuring out will be 50 years old I sometimes think...

Now, Now, Kirk, Some of us are already past 50 and still haven't figures all of this out. Since I have the 210 sickle bar that I got from Roy, would you mind making a sketch or taking dimensions from the clutch guard so that others can make them if they don't have them. This would be good to post along with Roy's swathboard in the how to section. I may get my 210 painted and mounted by spring. Haven't even tried it out yet. Neat to look at, even if you never use them.

My sickle bar is in the back of the truck. Its a 990785 made for cone clutch tractors starting with 3400s. Its black and made by haban I'm told. Got it fo $50 a couple weeks ago. needs divider and board.