Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Also picked this up today for

rokon2813

carry it to your truck and take it with you. Chart says manufactured January 1964. The man said its sat under his workbench for years. Real good compression. I think it will be a runner.:D

Hey Dan where does that breather tube go ? My 23 was missing that piece of shrouding along with the ID plate. It had that type of breather on it but no place for the tube to go so I changed it out for an older style one with no tube,which seems to work just fine but now am curious as to the where and how of the breather tube.Thanks:D8D

Reed, Unless I'm mistaken, it just "dead-ends" under there, and doesn't connect to anything... I had an old 243431 with that type of breather on it -- it just vented behind that tinwork...

Though that looks to have been repainted yellow at one time, can you tell if it's just a touch up? I had one of those that had the original yellow showing under a black overpaint. I figured it for an original early B-10 engine, and Rob ended up with it in a trade. This would be the correct engine for the Landlord(9 hp) and early B-10 tractors.

Reed, as usual the "footdraggingclubhousecustodian" is correct. I can verify this because I went out to the shop and looked at the all original Big Ten that has this style PCV filter. Larry

Thanks guys. Ask a question and get an answer within minutes,what more can you ask for! I asked because I hadn't seen a 23 with the Id tag up close and personal like yet.......