Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dozer Blade Help????

Bunky

I have a 46in Dozer I Got this summer Someone had added about 6in of steel into the Hitch to use on a RBT Well I cut that out and welded it back together, Also the bolts on the one skid are broken off and the nuts are inside...The other side the bolts are froze and will probably break also... Has anyone else had this problem.. I'm trying to decide If I should cut a hole in the bottom and weld new nuts in or what to do... Anyone have any suggestions????

Are you going to use it on gravel or pavement? My old 46" blade doesn't have any skids on it -- they're long gone. It works fine on pavement, but probably wouldn't work well on gravel, where it would try to dig in...

You could try to frill the broken part out. If the drill catches and drives the stub inward, would there be enough room for the broken stub to fall out of the nut? We've talked about broken bolts many times. Heat, PB Blaster, Kroil, ATF, brake fluid, and a lot more gone through. I've even heard someone say to heat it a little and rub a candle stub on it. Supposed to wick the parafin into the cracks or some such....

Well I'm gonna use it on Gravel, The nut that must of been tacked inside the blade has fallen in there is nothing to drill out... Just a big hole where the bolts were....

I've been cleaning my driveway with a blade without runners for several winters. Sure enlarges the left arm to hold the blade off the ground with a full blade of snow. Got one now lying in the back yard with runners. Just need to get it mounted.

Had the same problem. I believe they are pem nuts pressed in, because they fall out, or I mean "in" real easy. You just have to drill the hole large enough to fit the nut into. While holding the nut with it threaded onto a bolt, weld it in. Then grind it smooth, ends up much stronger than those cheap pem nuts. John

once there is a layer of hardpack down I never use runners on my blade and I have a gravel drive. Every spring I shovel a half ton or so back into the driveway...

quote:
Originally posted by johnerj
You just have to drill the hole large enough to fit the nut into. While holding the nut with it threaded onto a bolt, weld it in. Then grind it smooth, ends up much stronger than those cheap pem nuts. John
I have done this many times...It works great....

I'm not really worried about using the Skids or Not but I just want to put it back together..... I think I will try welding a nut in the hole....