Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Replacement scraper bar for blower

surferraven

I bought a used 42" blower (1690032) and I need a new scraper bar for it. The parts diagram that I have shows the bar as part number 106368 which my dealer says is no longer available. Any source for them out there? Has anyone tried putting a newer model scraper bar on this blower? Any advise would be appreciated! Great forum - I've learned a lot here!

I have a couple of parts blowers, but they're all smaller. I could pull the scraper bar off a 36" and a 32" and you could weld up the extra 6" piece if you'd like me to.

Why yes, it's a snow blower :I. I bought it used - the bar is worn more in the middle so there's about a 1/4" gap between it and the ground. Also, the bottom edges of the blower near the skid shoes are only about 1/8" from the ground, so I'm thinking the bar's pretty much worn out. The horizontal portion of the skid shoes are completely worn off. I was thinking of welding some flat stock onto it but from what I've read here, that probably won't last too long on a 700' blacktop driveway.

I think you will find that the scraper blades for the 42" blower are all the same. I have had 4 different blowers in 30 years and I have never given my dealer a number just asked for a scraper blade for 42" blower. Try this number 106746. The scraper blades are not made to flip over and use the other edge.

Last winter I picked up a new scrapper blade for my 42 inch blower. I told the dealer what I needed and he had it in stock. Rick.........

I have several of them in stock and ready to ship. It is part number 106746 just as ucd stated. Either call us or go to our web site and search for that part number and order it. The part number you had listed (106368) is not a good number. I think you meant 106863 which is the scraper for the same style blower just a 36" instead.

I had the same problem earlier in the season with my 42" blower. The parts list that I was using had the same number posted above that was listed as NLA. The folks at Sandy Lake fixed me up with the right number and shipped me the part from stock. GregB

Wow! Thanks for all the info! Looks like 106746 will work as a replacement for my "S" scraper. I looked at it closer last night and it appears that it wore unevenly because the shoes were down which caused the middle to wear faster than the ends. I'm thinking I'll leave the shoes up/off so that it will wear evenly this time. My driveway is blacktop so I don't have to worry about picking up stones. Sooo... Should I try welding on a 1/8 x 3/4 piece of flat stock to "renew" the old one or just buy a new scraper and be done with it? I don't have a torch to harden the edge so I'm thinking I should just go with the new one.

As I remember it the new ones were not all that expensive. I think I paid between 20 and 30 dollars for it. I use my blower on both pavement and a dirt driveway so it takes a beating. I would go with a new scraper. Rick...........

The bottom scraper bar should not really be riding on the ground. That is the job of the skid shoes. The skids should be set so that the scraper is about 1/8" off the ground. It is much cheaper to let the skids wear at about $9 a pair than a $35 scraper or worse the lower housing.