Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Old blower on a late tractor ??

ROBBYDOB

I think I was told one time that there is a conversion setup for using an older type single belt, crank driven blower on a newer style center pto tractor. Do any of you know of this? or using one? I would love to use my 42" AC blower on my late model Sovereign. Currently, it's on my HB-112, and doing fine, just would rather use the newer tractor. Thanks, Rob

Rob, I think all you need is a newer style snowthrower hitch for your sovereign. New they are about $190 from Simplicity. I picked up a snowthrower with the type of hitch you use on your HB-112 that was modified to run back to the center pto so it's possible to do that as well.

Rob All you need is the single pulley snowthrower hitch MFG# 1690557 for the center cone clutch setup, It should still be available, I know the individual part#'s are. You will allso need SnowThrower Belt# 1666798

If you have the smaller driven pully on the blower you may need to replace it with the larger driven pully Part# 171248 7"od

Excellent diagram and info Maynard, tremendous help with part #'s too! I really appreciate it!! There's ten bucks worth of help right there, a couple times over. Thank you, Rob (I think I may even have one of these hitches around!)

Rob, I don't know that there are any conversion kits available, and every time I try to mix and match old & new I learn about subtle differences. Here's a photo of a 42" snowthrower from a 3112 installed on a '96 Sovereign. In addition to using the single pulley hitch and replacing the small driven pulley with a larger pulley, I had to fabricate a driven pulley belt guard. I also had to modify the lift arm (to clear the hood) and relocate the spout rotator bracket. Not shown in the photo is a longer spout rotator shaft I fabricated for ease of operation on the longer wheelbase tractor and higher seat. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/3112-sov.jpg[/img]