Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow machine winding up...

ROBBYDOB

Well it looks like we're about to get whacked again. And again and again. Looking for 6-8" of lake effect snow tonight, and a noreaster coming to visit Sunday, and another noreaster right behind that one. And I'm just gonna sit right here and take it like a man. Why? Because I've got four machines out in the garage that'll bust through what ever ole' man winters' got in him. I put the 42" blade on the 110 this year, and it's proving very effective, with narrow front tires, 10.50's on the back with chains, short wheel base for tight turns... very slick. I've got the 42" blower on the HB-112, With the auger geared up just a bit, I'll blow snow right back at the old Walters snow fighter! And the same setup (thanks to Maynard and Herb) on the '99 Sovereign. If that's not enough, I can always get the D-17 with 7' thrower on the back, I don't think there's ever been enough snow to scare that bad boy! So bring it on!! let it snow!!! Have fun northeast guys!! Rob.

Have Fun! I'm down in Newburgh, I have no clue what their expecting down here, Could be anything from rain, sleet and/or snow. Seems like no one can get their forecast straight.

Well, so far they nailed it here in Syracuse area, I cleared the driveway earlier, and when I left for work, at 7:00 pm, it was coming down like the dickens. They say we'll be gettin it til tomorrow afternoon, and thats just the lake effect.

You Guys are luck to be getting snow so you can use your simplicitys, up here in ontario Canada, where I live we only have 1 cm of snow, but 15 minutes north of us, they have like 3 inches of snow. I might as well take my blower off and put the mower deck on, because I don't think I will get to use it this year. Take Care JB

They're predicting another 6" or so for us, starting Sunday.... We just had a warm rain that melted most of what dumped on us last weekend. The plus is that the sidewalks and driveways melted clear, before this next wave comes. No buildup... That does remind me to check and see if my OEM Simplcity blower belt that I ordered has arrived, though...

Well, it could be interesting. My belt isn't in either, and they're predicting 7" - 14" now, with perhaps some sleet mixed in... Here's hoping the Gates belt will hold up until the Simplcity one can get here....

I started thinking about this in September. I started by getting the walk behinds going, then all the blowers out for the tractors, along with the hitches and linkage. Finally the tire chains. So here we are, 10:00 P.M. Sunday, and looking for another 18" on top of the 13-15 we already recieved today. Jason, I've got plenty if you want to make the trip. Plus we've got yet another noreaster coming this week. So I'm having a ball with it! Gotta love working at night, and playing in the day!