Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kreame in the tank

DaleC

I talked with a friend that has a old 850 Norton motorcycle. He said he "sealed" the tank against rust. He thinks that the Kreame is such good stuff that it will even take care of the pin holes. He liked the end product as putting a milk jug inside the tank. He said to pour it in, swrill it around and dump out the excess by turning the tank upside down and just letting it run out. Question. What about the boss/hole for the tank valve. Should I whettle a stick and screw it in or what to keep the threads clean?

Good questions Dale. I have two tanks for my B's that are in need of serious repairs and have condidered using Kreme or a similar product. One of the tanks has several pinholes in it. The other is a leaky seam. Hope some of you can shed light on this. Larry

may not be the saem stuff but when i restored my suzuki the stuff was two part, a very high powered cleaner and then the sealer, well the acid like cleaner made very small rust hole in too very large rust holes, just be careful and good luck!!!!

I believe that when the instructions don't make sense, experiment. I am going to give the Kreame a try. I am going to use muratic? acid to clean, Flush with hot water and then use acetone to dry the tank. I am going to stick something in the boss for the gas valve and coat the tank on the inside. I have two tanks to do and I understand that the Kreame should be enough to do both units. If it doesnot work like I want I will let you know. I may even take a picture or two.

Dale Luckily you don't have a priceless paint job on your motorcycle tank to watch out for- that's where Elizabethtown? Radiator somewhere in Pa comes, in they do this for a living. Ads in Walnecks MC Mag.