Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JMAC

SIMPLICITY 9020

JMAC
HI FOLKS, I NEED SOME INFO CONCERNING THE SIMPLICITY 9020. I AM LOOKING AT ONE NOW.I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM,SO I NEED SOME HELP.ARE PARTS READILY AVAILABLE? IT HAS THE REAR PTO,ARE ADAPTORS AVAILABLE TO CHANGE IT TO CONVENTIONAL SPLINE?I KNOW THEY WEIGH AROUND 1400lbs OR MORE,BUT HOW LONG ARE THEY?I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET,JUST PICTURES.IT'S A 1979 MODEL,LOOKS GOOD FOR ITS AGE.COULD USE PAINT BUT NOT BAD.IT ALSO HAS A FRONT BLADE AND A 60" MOWER DECK.HE'S ASKING $25OO FOR IT,IS THAT A FAIR PRICE?IT HAS FOUR FOWARD FACING LIGHTS AND A REAR LIGHT.IT ALSO HAS A 3 POINT.MY USE WOULD BE SOME MOWING(I HAVE A DITCH I DON'T LIKE TO TAKE MY MF135 INTO)AND BLADING OF MY DRIVE AND MAYBE A LOADER FOR SOME SMALL LANDSCAPE WORK AROUND HOUSE.THANKS FOR ANY INFO YOU CAN PROVIDE.

dirtsaver
Jerry if you scroll back to the top of this page, put your cursor over the Simple trACtors in the header menu, when the dropdown menu appears click on Simplicity. When that page loads look at the bottom of the left-hand menu and click on 9020powermax. Most of the info you want will be there. Specs,attatchments etc. As far as an adaptor for the pto, I'm not sure. Remember that not only do you need to adapt size, but the Powermax pto is 2000rpm and will not work with the 540rpm equipment from Tractor Supply or equip made for JD,Kubota or others. Hope that gets you started Jerry. Larry

Vic
Jerry, sounds like a fair price. Check to make sure if the charging system works good yet, no problems with the motor/carburation, rear PTO works, deck is sound, hydro is strong, etc.. Some parts can be hard to come by for these like the rear PTO but others can be found OK yet.

iweld
I bought a piece of splined stock a few years back (6") for about 20 bucks. Hydrualics in Omaha NE still sells them I think. Since I took out my rear p.t.o. to add a power steering pump I'm not going to need it anymore.

JMAC
THANKS FOR THE REPLYS SO FAR,HOWEVER I THINK NOW MY MAIN CONCERN IS PARTS AVAILABILITY. I WAS TOLD THAT PARTS ARE VERY SCARCE FOR THESE EXCEPT MAYBE ENGINE PARTS.ARE ANY OF YOU OUT THERE AWARE OF THIS?I KNOW I SURE DON'T SEE MUCH OF ANYTHING FOR THESE ON THE WEB.