Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Owners of the Big Simplicity SunStar?

Jason

:DHi I was just wondering if there is anyone on this site who owns the Simplicty SunStar, or the Agco Allis 1920H or the Massey Ferguson 2920? I own a Agco Allis 1920H ( which is the Sunstar) and absoluty love it, the power steering is a wonder when it comes to uses the 1920H and Snowblower.! I have a 48 inch deck for it because I live in town and use it for my lawn bussness. Any way I would like to know what you think of the 1920H Agco Allis, Simplicity SunStar, or the massey Ferguson 2920? If possible, I would be interested in seeing pictures of your tractor?:) Thanks very much. Jason PS: If my lawn bussness was big engough I would run 3 or 4 Agco Allis 1920H's :):):):)

Hi I own a 1920 Duetz-Allis Ultima. I use it for my lawn buisness and I mow around with it at our lot also going through tall weeds and it just knocks them down like nothng. I can get a picture of it in a day or so.

Thank you, those tractors have plenty of power and can cut down the thickest grass. Some people think that you need the newest equipment for a lawn bussness, but I don't, an older garden tractor works just as good as a new one and sometimes better. I am defently glad I made the decision to buy my Agco Allis 1920H last year, it is one great tractor, I don't think I will ever sell it let me re phrase that I will never sell it as long as I live! They are one great tractor Jason

Those are really nice tractors ,not much to go wrong with them,there built like a tank.The only few problems Iv'e seen,where with the electric clutch needed replaced once in awhile.And the engines would need a little work now and then.It's not uncommon to see one of these running around with a couple thuosand hours on it.

I own a D/A Ultima 1920 and I WORSHIP it!;). A SUPERB machine, what first attracted me to it was the shaft driven attachments and the power steering did not hurt either. When I first moved to my new house there was at least 2 acres of 2' tall grass that I took down with it no problem. I don't know of another large frame tractor that has all of it's features,I consider it the Cadillac of large frame garden tractors. ^ Check out my gallery to see it in action!

"Mike, is that the big machinery lot south of town you mow?" Yep, I took it up to Waco NE were i go to school at and I mowed the football feild with it. I did the lawn striping Boy o Boy did that mower impress the head coach.:D:D Some of the players on the football team said that things so old it can't work very well. So I found some tall grass engaged the deck and they didn't say anything after that.:D:D When I first got the tractor I took it over to my uncles lot. His lot had about 9 inches of wet clover on it so I started mowing and went through it like nothing. He was standing about 30 feet away and I was throughing the grass clippings all over him. The next day he came up with the 11th commandment" Thuo shall not covet thy nephews mower.:D It now has over 1000 hours on it and works great!! I'll get a pic tommorrow.

Hi, Thankyou for repliying, those pictures really look great. I especially like the picture of Nubian's 1920H with the cab on it, boy am I jealous of that!! When I blow snow with mine, the dash gets covered with snow no matter which way I turn the shout! I also like the looks of the Allis -Chalmers 620 that was posted in one of the photo gallery's.Nubian how do you like the Duetz-Allis 5215 compact tractor? I have been studying them for a while and might buy one in 2 or 3 years. They match the slanted grill of the 1920's at least. Does the 5215's deck do a good job at cutting the grass? Any way take care and thanks for posting, I might try and post pictures of my 1920H some time soon

I beg your pardon my dear Jason! You mean my Deutz-Allis 1920 Ultima don't you:D:D:D, I was completely floored the 1st time I used the 60" belly mower.IT IS SOOOOO SMOOTH! 8D It's something you have to experience yourself!;) I believe it was Kent who described it best "A heavy-Duty compact 4wd tractor with a Simplicity floating deck".That being said I've had the luxury to have both units in my possession at the same time (hydro & geared) the hydro (5215 HST) deck is shaft driven, also has power steering and the geared (5215 Synchro)is belt driven you could hardly notice the difference. If it's POWER you want then I would go with the gears, don't get me wrong the hydro is no push over either, were talking industrial commercial strength here.;)

Thanks for the info on the 5215's. I have a quick question, do you notice a diffrence of the quality of the cut of grass between the 1920H and the 5215 or are they equal or is the 5215 better or worse then the 1920H when it comes to cutting grass. Thanks Jason

I am not qualified to make an opinion on the cut:( I have used the 60" belly mower on my Ultima, and the belly mower on both 5215's and my 60" First Choice rear discharge pto driven finish mower on both 5215's and could not really notice a difference. I mow about 3 acres and the finish product is always pleasing to look at.^ This summer will be my first attempt to level my Ultima deck. This is my 2nd year mowing on this scale. I hope with time my mowing skills will improve.:D

• 3 weeks later...
1993 1920H 60" Deck Tiller Full Hydraulic Snowblade Snowblower Snowcab Deck driven turbo vac 55Bushel collection trailer Large turf tires, chains, wheel weights Rear Lift Rear PTO Diff. Lock (which I thought was standard) Purchased new, now has 550 hours on it and last summer I had to buy a battery for it. Because of the way I use that 60" bruch hog I have had to replace the deck belt two times ($$ouch) John

I have a 1994 20HP OHV (Pic in my profile)with a 48" mower deck plus a spare deck that needs paint and a few small parts. Hourmeter has about 1500 hrs. Engine appears to original, never taken apart. Bought it for $400- US. It needed some TLC, mainly paint. It has the yukky front axle syndrome that Les K wrote about in his history of Simplicity. I got the mower re-adjusted to give you that 'famous cut' and then took it to a hay field to work it out. I had to slow the travel down only because the discharge in the mower deck couldn't handle what was being cut. There was never a power problem.