Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ehertzfeld

stoping necks from hurting "from looking back"

ehertzfeld
Hi all, after plowing for two day after the last storm, my neck hurt from looking back wille backing up. Well I think I came up with somthing to releave that common problem. Check it out! [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/mirror.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/mirror2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/mirror3.jpg[/img] I was in Kmart when I saw the mirrors. They are for bikes and made by Bell. If memory serves me right, they were $5 each. Alot cheeper than a ciropractor!!! " hope that spelling is atleast close":D Had to share it with you all Elon

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by dutch
I've been thinking of doing the same thing. How bad is the image distorted from vibration?
I just put them on today, I have not ran it with them on. We are expecting some snow tomarow, so I'll give the test then. I could not use the bolt that cxame with them. It was kinda cold and the canvis is alittle stiff. I could'nt get my fingers in to put it in. They mite move alittle this year. I plan on reding it over the summer. Elon

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by Joer
Elon: if your mirror vibrates use rubber washers or grommets to isolate the mirror shaft from the vibration.
They accually came with a rubber strip to use if they are to loose. It only gose around half way, would that be enough to stop any vibration?. Before it starts snowing tomarow I'll start it and see what they do. Now you guys got ME wondering!lol Elon

MPH
Looked at a cab in Anchorage yesterday at Sears for 239.00 dollars. Looked about as good as the lift system on that 42in 2 stage blower. All mounted on a 2800 dollar tractor. Think my B-112 and 36 inch blower will do me alright, even without a cab. Thanks to Kents #'s on the belt guides I'll have that added bennie this year, just made one outta a piece I cut off an old grocery cart. Was all shinny til the fire touch hit it for bending.. MPH

MN_FISH
After a few days your neck will be used to itB) Is it a heated mirror? If there is a used truck parts dealer near you there should be lots of the curved mirrors in different shapes & sizes probably FREE:D Not much snow here in northern MN YET A few additional options you should have are AM/FM radio,CB radio to call for help and of course MORE SNOW :o)

ehertzfeld
Well just gor it from plowing, I am happy to report that the mirrors work pritty good. I couldnt use them too much cause of no light but when I cam into some light, they worked great. Could be alitte bigger, but still work well. Didn't seem to vibrate too much. Elon