Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wonder Boy 700 pics.....

thedaddycat

Fellow member Ron T picked up my Wonder Boy 700 and is holding it for me until I can get it out here somehow. He was kind enough to take a few pics and send them to me. Here they are for all of you to enjoy... Here is a metal ID tag(instead of a decal) that is still readable. The Serial No. is 3042, an early one I think. I'll have to check the engine numbers when I get it...

The grill is a little dinged, not too bad. It has the old can style OEM muffler on it.

Looks like the rear lift is missing..... Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you all this. See the blown right rear tire? Well I guess that's the reason(or at least part of it) that the last owner decided to get rid of her. I'm sure happy those tires only last 40 years or so.... lol

PTO, mower deck, and a nice looking dog... When did Simplicity offer canines as an option??? lol

Check out the rake on that hood and that low steering wheel. I guess my Wards was a 725, because the steering wheel sat higher above the hood than that. Kinda forgot about the original profile since my Wards hood now sits level after the mounting changes for larger engine.

The hood isn't shut all the way...... look at the front view, you can see the tops of the grill supports. The front end should be at least a couple inches lower...

Real Nice Kirk.Hope you get it home soon.Nice looking canine to.That doggie has real class he knows a good looking back ground for a pose.He knew it was a kodak moment and a chance of a lifetime. Robin

[quote]Originally posted by thedaddycat
Fellow member Ron T picked up my Wonder Boy 700 and is holding it for me until I can get it out here somehow. Picked up why, and get it out where? Did you send it out for service Kirk? And why did they put your steering wheel on backwards. Hope it wasn't dealer serviced. I agree with andy, if so, you have a right to at least, some money back.8D

Nice find, Nice of Ron to hold it for you. I have to add a caption for the dog, "I wonder if Ron would let me chase thedaddycat around on his Putt-Putt while I drive the wonderboy" LOL.

I know from the pics on the site the steering wheel is on upside down, like mine is, but I tried turning it 'right' and didn't like it AT ALL. I went back in my 725 pic file to see how it was before I tore it down a year ago for sure, it was upside down when I got it, so maybe its just what I'm used to, but mine is staying upsidedown.. MPH

All three of mine were on the right way..... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=10569&SearchTerms=700,or,725,

Well Marty, my s-wheels are on straight up, were never off, according to original owners. Marty, I would be careful running w/the wheel upside down, I heard, sometimes this is a sign, kind of like wearing 'floods'...:) So, I talked w/that 700 owner he's the 3rd, rebuilt the engine 10 years ago, he's had it 18 years, his friend 20 years. Asked him to look at the metal ser no. tag, claims it says "0010." Don't know if that means 100,000th or what. Wants too much $$ for it.

Right on, Marty. I have the wheel on my B-1 upside down and prefer it that way. Hood opens easier (more clearance). I drive with my hand(s) hanging on the bends of the wheel at the top.

hey neat marty, whatever trips your trigger. I drive my b110 into town backwards, so I can see what's behind me. Who am I to talk 8D

Ron sent me the engine numbers, here they are. mod# 19 Type# 706035 Ser# 610533 According to the data table linked and partially shown below, this engine was produced right about the same time I was so as far as I'm gonna tell the story, me and the tractor share Birthdays... now how about that!! So I guess it's a 1960(if it's the original engine) with the WB 700 badges..... http://www.edgeta.org/mdate3.htm MODEL SERIES 19 L-HEAD, 3.0" BORE 1960 608600 610706 612072 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...
Kirk, I just saw Dan and your Wonderboy looks really nice even better then the photo shows. Nice Snoco trailer too. I swear I saw one around here ages ago. Now that I know what they look like I'll be on the lookout for one. If you see this message before Dan & Lisa come around, Tell them my neighbor Bob and I said it was nice to meet them.

Looks like a fairly straight tractor. I'm jelous. Is that a 36" deck? What could you get on the early 700, 725's?