Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

here i am for advice again

badcars

well the 8 horse on the broadmoor finally bought it, well i have this new 11.5 cast iron, get it on and get it running, changed all the wiring, it was all butured up, installed the new ignition switch, had it for over a year. question is this, machine had a s/g. now i have two wires coming from the blower housing and producing ac current, how do we get this into something i can use for my lights and keeping my batteries up and such. thanks to all.... badcars

I think white wire is AC for headlights and red is DC circuit for battery. Also you will have to re-wire headlight switch for the AC wire. Also you will have to elongate engine mounting holes about an 1/8" forward to keep flywheel from rubbing blower housing because gas tank is causing a tight fit.

one red, one black, when i pu ta meter on them i get about 40v ac, if i use one to charge what type diode, what size, im kind of lost here.

ok , i had a vision, went out and checked out a ole homeliute t8, had something resembling a fuse holder on the stator wiring, cut it loos. soldered it in, , ha!! 13.5v, very low amps though, but the battery has been on a charger since i fired the new motor so i would say it is up. a little diode the size of a peanut has worried me sick. but what is the other leg of the stator for. i mean what good is more ac power, or can you combine them both for more output at the battery. cool i just realized i just fired up my tractor at exxactly 2:00 am, maybe that is why none of the neighbors wave at me anymore, oh well, thanks to all! badcars

The low amps is okay. It should only output between 2 and 3 amps because it is unregulated and anything more than that will start to cook a battery. The other lead can be used to run head lights only. What you would do is run a single wire from the lead on the motor to a toggle switch. Then from the toggle down to one side of each head light. Then the other side of each light goes to a good ground on the frame and like magic you have light. (of course the engine needs to be running)