Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow pics

Charlieson

Got up this morning to 5-6 inches of snow sleet and freezing rain. Got dressed and cranked up granny for some fun. I couldnt get the wife out of bed to take some action pics, so I had to do some after action photos. [img]/club2/attach/charlieson/frontclose.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/charlieson/frontgranny.JPG[/img] A view of the stinger, my rear counterweight. [img]/club2/attach/charlieson/reargranny.JPG[/img]

I got a hydro, but I havent put the chains on it yet. It almost 5 pm and it is still snowing and sleeting. I just got back from my mother in laws farm, we have a little 4wd ford diesel there with a snowblade. That thing is a lot of fun. I plowed half of the neighborhood. They got more sleet and ice farther south. The ag tires are carlisle's. I just got them last summer. They are filled with fluid. I have a set of wheel weights if I need them, but I think that I have enough weight. Sorta wish the front tires were a little narrower. ddh

We got about 5" then it turned to sleet and freezing rain. I went out just as it started sleeting and ran the snowblower. It's supposed to turn back to snow by mid morning tomorrow. With the sleet/freezing rain, they've dropped the predictions from 7 - 14" down to about 8" total accumulation. The blower worked fine without a single clog, but tomorrow morning will likely be time for the Big Ten and dozer blade, instead of the nice, comfy cab on the Hb-216 with snowblower... :(

Kent, I think we're getting what you were supposed to!! They keep increasing their estimations! Dwayne, using my B-110 this year for plowing, narrow tires are from Heaven!! The other tractors have enough weight with the 42" blowers on them to steer well. Last year I used the blade on my Sovereign, yuk. This year put 42" blowers on HB-112 and Sovereign, hurray!! They steer nicely, and the 110 can push snow and turn at the same time!

Nice set up Dwayne. Ive got a 2110, looks like the same year. Nice looking ags on there too. I'll take those baby moons off your hands if you dont need em! :D Are those front tires stock?

Nice looking unit. Nice thing about the honey staying in bed.... When the plowing is all done, you can jump back in and let her appreciate the cold second hand.

Yea, They are carlisles. I put new tires on the front and back. The front ones wouldnt hold air due to dry rot. I've been looking for a blower attachment. I'll find one eventually. Calling for snow Wed. Hope it misses us. ddh

I bought the baby moons off of ebay. I think Daddycat or one of the other club members had them for sale. I knew a fellow that had a 3212 in pristine condition, it had baby moons on it. I had been trying to buy it from him but he wouldnt sell. This summer I saw him mowing with a Lowes. I stopped to find out what happend to the Sovereign and he traded it for the Lowes. He said the Lowes was newer. From what he said he took and even trade. His Sovereign looked brand new. ddh