Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

thedaddycat

Snow Blower?

thedaddycat
OK, I have to admit that I didn't think this one up on my own.... I was listening to the football game on the radio and the grounds crew at Foxboro was using leaf blowers to clear off the yard markers or has marks or something, "... but they can only clear it off BEHIND the offense" stressed the announcer. Anyhow I got to thinking that is sure sounds like it would work to me. So I tried it and for this smow it was great. I even got the cars cleared off without the kids dragging anything across the paint!!

Rob-B
we have been using them (blowers) on the railroad for years for snow removal. We use them in the switch areas of the railroad tracks. It really depends on how wet the snow is but depth doesn't matter if its nice dry and fluffy. We only use the 400 & 420 Sthyl products.

BigSix
Kirk: This has "me" written all over it-I'm just p.o'd. I didn't think of it first--lol! I found compressed air handy for blowing off the ATV, boots, coveralls and Golden Retriever feet (not sure if this could inject air into the bloodstream thru a cracked pad, though, so take it easy with that one), if the snow load is either light or airy. The blow gun is quicker, but I'll use the blower for blowing the walks/patios, and vehicles. Thanks again! Peter