Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Toy

mwells

Thanks! I've been having some problems with the Love joy coupling on the pump. Yesterday I was dumping the bucket and noticed it really shook the frame so I got off and looked around a bit and noticed that the rear bracket that mounts the loader to the gear box was missing a bolt so I put a knew one in and haven't had any problems yet. The engine seems to keep flooding out really bad after 1 minute of use and I've tried ajusting the carborator on it but it hasn't seemed to help. Any Suggestions??? Thanks

There it is, been looking but couldn't see it..Nice score Mike.. As to the flooding, have you cleaned the carb? Sound like it could be your float is sticking open. Does any gas run out of the bottom of carb?. MPH

I think you'd be better off to remove the carb and tear it down Mike. They are pretty simple. Kinda depends on how long it sat before you got it. MPH

That is a nice looking unit... I keep thinking to my self I want to put a loader on one of my Tractors... It would be really handy....

Well It sat for quiet a few years then the guy who had it got it running. When I got it it ran fine and I was thinking it mite be the cold weather if the gas doesn't have enough fuel stablizer in it it could freeze the float. In worm weather it runs fine. Does anyone have the measurements for the weight box?? Thanks

That what the AC loader looks like.:D I also have a Allis Chalmers B-12 with a loader,but not AC loader. My still needs a little more work done yet.:( Karl

Well I was thinking about restoring it but I would like to get an L-12 loader to put on my B-12. But I could restore it and put it on my B-1. Any suggestions??? With the tiller on the back its got lots of traction. You can go right on through drifts with out a problem. I just hate to get the tiller snowy. Anyone got a carry-all box or the original weight box?? Thanks!!

Mike, you might look at the wt.box/scarafier the Johhny bucket man came up with, that way you can break that ole Nebraska loose so you don't tweet the loader

Marty, That's exactly what I've been thinking to do with my loader. Put my last remaining hydraulic lift on it, and put my Johnny Box on it... One disadvangage that I see is that the factory setup hung the weight box on the loader's subframe -- keeping the streeses out on the subframe, not on the tractor's frame. If you use the Johnny Box, those stresses go through the subframe to the tractor's rear frame rails, onto the transmission's cast housing, and then onto the rear hitch/lift setup.... Don't know if that would overstress one of those areas... these loaders have been known to break the BGB mount out of the front frame, already.... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/515_loader/516_mount_small.gif[/img] Now, if you used some combination of the two approaches, it might work, and use the loader subframe to somehow support the bottom of a "liftable" weight box, while still connecting it to the rear lift at the top...

I have a rig like that, I even used the lovejoy couplers to drive the pump. Pay attention to the alignment of the pump. That is your shake, you have to shim it so that it is in proper alignment. You can get the shims from a company like Grainger.

When the lovejoy came off the loader was out of alighment. I could move the loader frame and it came back into perfect alighnment. I don't think I'll be using the tractor to move any soil it would just be snow. I think the weight box would be nice to have just for looks. I think your only supposed to put 100lbs in it. I guess in the end it just adds more stress to the frame, but if anyone has the dementions of the weihgt box it would be a great help.