Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got to blow snow!!!

Jason

:)Well, We finally got enough snow tonight to blow! So I took out my Agco Allis 1920H and put her to work! The snow was a little bit wet but she just smiled and walked right through it. I could not get pictures of her blowing because it was to dark out, I will really try and get some pictures of her working when we get the next snow fall:). Hopefully the next time I blow it will be in the day time. I had a little trouble with the snow chains tonight, the chains on the right wheel keept slipping off of the wheel, making traction a little bit difficult|), this was the secound time that this has happend this year, the last happend when I was driving her around as a Test drive with the blower on. The left wheel is a OK and has never slipped off yet. Tomrrow night I plan on taking the whole chain off and putting it back on, maybe I can make another link on the chains. Also when I got her going toninght I pushed the chock in to early and that caused the engine to quiet, I pulled it out again and she started right back up, after 5 minutes I pushed the chock back in and contiued on my way;). Take Care Jason B

Jason, when you check out your chain, make sure that it is as tight as the other chain. Then check the air pressure in your tires. I put an extra 2lbs in mine and it seemed to help:) Gary

Thanks Gary, Oh by the way welcome to the site! You will find that it is a wonderfull site full of information. What kind of lawn or Garden Tractor do you have? Jason

If you deflate your tires, put the chains on as tight as you can, then reinflate the tires you should be good to go. Have'nt had a chain slip doing it this way.. MPH

Five minutes with open choke? Am I doing something wrong? I usually close the choke right after it start's up. I have ag tires with 50lbs on each wheel (no chains) and never had traction problems.

MPH, thats the way we used to do it here with the other machines. almost let the tires go flat, we made our own chains, cut the links and weld them back. when installed ait up the tires. never threw one after doing it this way. course thats just me. badcars.

jason, I've been fightin' with a set of chains too, til tonight. I did what MPH recomended, charm. I'm using a too small set on my B-110, only 8 links wide on 10.50 tires. My other two tractors have 13 across, perfect. I don't use weights, ever, never had a problem with traction, made a 42" path outback through 15" of snow tonight, then turned around and came back.

Finally some snow.....4 inches.:D:D Got out the Simplicity 3416H with 46" snowblade to clean the driveways and around the buildings. I always make my chains are tight on the wheels.;) Karl

I don't thing you are doing anything wrong Nubian, I just did it to allow the engine to warm up before pushing it back in. Last year when I first got the 1920H I had problems getting the chock out, it was stuck, so I took it apart and fixed it so that it would not jam up again. I think Ag Tires and weight would be a lot better then chains and rear weight, defferential lock would help me get out of soft spots and icely patches. Take Care Jason