Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

drive pump

geezer

hello to all. well i have a 1970 simplicity soverign 3212H and just today the drive pump went bad(first the blower belt then the clevis for the lift fell off and now this)woth 18" of snow to move still . now the question is can that be rebuilt or is it like a fuse when it goes toss it and get a new one? and for either question how much would it be rebuild or replace? thanks for lending an ear on this subject. matt

williamjordan
Hello, Are you sure its the pump? Because thats what I had thought when my 716H stopped moving. Turned out to be that I sheard a keyway in the input shaft in the rear end. You will have to do some testing to pin point the problem. Test the pump first to make sure it is putting out the correct pressure if it is, its most likely a keyway and or gear sheard. I got most of my bearings from a bearing dealer. But you will have to order a couple from the dealer because they were only production items which mean you have to order a min of a 1000 or so. lol Total cost was about $200 canadian. William Jordan

this is me with an update. the problem lies in the angle box under the seat. the shaft comes off the engine to an anglebox then a pulley is out of that with belt to pump fan/pulley. maybe that will make it easier to fix. thanks for the info on shearing off the pins/gears on axle. matt

quote:
Originally posted by geezer
this is me with an update. the problem lies in the angle box under the seat. the shaft comes off the engine to an anglebox then a pulley is out of that with belt to pump fan/pulley. maybe that will make it easier to fix. thanks for the info on shearing off the pins/gears on axle.
That is known as the "Bevel Gear Box" or "BGB". Refer to your repair manual or search the archives for plenty of info.

hello i now know that it is the bevel gear box. at the time this happend i was home and the manual was at work. on tuesday i went into work and looked it up looks like an easy fix i know of a place that has alot of these tractors and then some. thanks for the help. matt