Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This is the Blower,,,

MarkM1958

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2364327606&category=42230&rd=1 This is the Blower that I'm looking for the right belt length. The 136" belt that came with the Blower worked on the Simplicity 7010. It seem to come up 3-5" short for my 7117. Maynard got me the belt number and it's a 147", seem to me a bit too much belt. Any thoughts???

Your 7117 is longer than the 7010. Therefore the belt that worked on the 7010 would be too short for the 7117. The 147" belt made for the 7117 assumes you will be using the proper snowthrower for the 7117. The proper snowthrower for the 7117 probably uses a larger pulley than the snowthrower you are trying to use. Therefore the 147" belt would be too long. I can only think of four things to correct your problem. 1) Get the length belt you need. You'll have to measure it yourself. It probably won't be an OEM length. 2) Change the pulley size to match the OEM length belt. 3) Fabricate a pair of hitch to snowthrower extensions and move the snowthrower farther out until the 147" belt has the needed tension. 4) Fabricate another idler to take up the slack in the 147" belt.

The hitch on that blower you posted a link to is for a vertical shaft engine and is not the right hitch for a 7117 which is a horizontal engine. That blower with that hitch and belt will not run on a 7010 either. This also depends on what year your 7117 is, 1979 early 1980 takes a different hitch and belt than the late 1980 and up tractors use. The info below is for a late 1980 and up 7100 series tractors that use the center PTO with cone clutch. If you have the early 7117 you will need a front clutch and a two pulley hitch. This is the belt routeing for the 7117 late 1980 and up

This is the hitch you will need late 1980 and up SnowThrower Hitch MFG# 1690557

This is the pulley #2 that you need it is a 7"od pulley

Sorry I didn't give you all the fact, your right, the hitch you say I need is the one I've got. I hitch in the photo is for an earlier AC or Simplicity. The 7117 is a later model and your posting is absolutly right, on the 7010 the 136" belt worked perfect, but how much longer of a belt is needed for the 7117? Any ideas??? Thanks for your time,,,

the belt # I posted is the correct belt for that tractor and hitch. You have to move the idler pulley, pulley G in the diagram to the bottom hole for the blower the top hole is for the mower. Pulley B sets in a slot and is adjustable, with the spring tensinior lever ingaged the side of the bracket that pulley G is on should be in the green zone as indicated by a decal on the bracket. A Word to the wise get a Simplicity belt the aftermarket belts will not last been there done that.