Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow pics from out West

stumpy

Greetings all, Reckon snow out here doesn't make the news much like storms back east...too normal I suppose. Personally I'm already tired of the white stuff, but things are barely started for us.

Can't quite get the front lift high enough to clear off the pick-up...on the other hand, by Christmas it should be higher than the hood and I could wait until then:)....

It's not too bad in this shot...of course, that was a day or so ago and we've had another 14 inches since. I figure winter has now started...it doesn't count until the snow is three feet deep. After the first of December, whatever falls stays until late spring. Hope the ol' "B" holds together...

The only bad thing is the county plow, which blocks everyone's road at the gate with each pass. If you're not home to deal with it during a storm a person returns to a six-foot berm of solid snow and ice. Very irritating. In fact, he just came by to skim what was left on the road (the county plow makes a rather distinctive sound as it passes). Suppose I should fire up the "B" and go make a couple of passes out at my gate....again...

Bob, I still think you live in one of the most beautiful spots in the US. I would highly recommend a trip to Washington State, and specifically a drive on the "Cascade Loop." You can only do it about 4-5 months out of the year, though, because of what you see in these photos! Back in 2002, our family drove the Cascade Loop, and we all agree that it will probably be the family vacation we talk about for the rest of our lives. We flew out to Seattle, then took about four days doing the "Loop." The rest of the time, we took in the sights in Seattle. What a great time! Man, what memories. What a beautiful place!

Wow Bob! Sure makes the 3-4" we got in Kentucky Saturday night look mighty wimpy. I guess that's why all the ranchers bring the cattle down from the high country for the winter. Enjoy and be careful! Larry

Yup, the Cascades can be mighty pretty...and most of the cattle are down, or they're beef popsickles. Sounds like Maynard is getting a snow-drubbing as well. The unfortunate thing about this immediate area is that it won't be melting until spring....just continued accumulation...bah humbug. Marty, the airflow around Tok is probably drier than here (and colder :D). The main snow factors here revolve around the fact that I'm at a convergence for marine air and Canadian arctic flows...plus the effects of adiabatic cooling/airflow coming down the eastslope of the Cascades...reslults?...way too much durn white stuff.

Yea Bob, this place is considered semi-airid climate. We use to get enough for snow machines at least. Past couple years is been pretty dry, year around..burn that old growth off. MPH