Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jabo

snow blower chute

jabo
I have a 42" simplicity snow blower for my sovereign.Has anyone converted the manual turning of the chute to electric or hydraulic? The tractor has hydraulic lift and steering.Your input is appreciated.

UCD
Welcome to the club Ken I have had an electric spout rotator on my blowers for over 20 Years wouldn't have a blower with out one. The only thing I don't have on the 7790 is power steering. It has Glass windshield, windshield wiper, defroster, early 7000 series lights on the cab, orange rotator, tires loaded, wheel weights, ice chains.

Ronald Hribar
I bought an electric (DC) motor from Grainger to mount on my snow blower. But can see better control with hydraulic both for turning hood and moving the deflector. But I also have electric linear actuators(electric lift) in several sizes that would work there also.Probably would have too great of a battery drain when using all three and lights.

HubbardRA
Anyone have pictures of how these motors connect to the chute? Is it chains, gears, linkages. Just wondering. Thinking of making one of these setups when I finally get the Sears blower hooked up to the AC716H.

Spencyg
My spout rotator is built with the simplicity cable barrel and a windshield wiper motor from an Audi. It is very simple and very effective. I moved the assembly to the back of the spout so it wouldn't get clogged as easily with snow from the spout. I have a picture, but it is too large to upload. Spence

HubbardRA
Spence, Reason that I asked the question is that I am mounting a Sears blower on my tractor. The sears unit has no type of rotator at the moment. I was just trying to see how other people had them hooked up. Main question is, how is 360 degrees of rotation obtained? I was thinking of cutting the center out of a large bicycle sprocket and mounting this around the chute, then running a chain to a small sprocket mounted on a power window motor. Anyone done anything like this?

jabo
I want to say that I am highly impressed with this site.I have been a silent admirer for some time now.Simplicity has been a household word with my father inlaw for approx 35 years.I just purchased a 97 sovereign with p/s,48" deck,42" snow blower and a Simplicity vac system-all for a good price may I add!Living in PA I have been using a 64 dodge power wagon[a tank] to plow etc.I also have a 9hp walk behind simplicity snow blower.I was shocked at the performance of the snow blower these last snow falls.I put approx 7 gallons of mixed coolant in each of the tires and chains for snow.I may just park the dodge!Thanks for the ideas for the chute rotator-I also like the idea of automatic movement of the angle of the discharge chute.Any ideas?Thanks to all for the input.I am looking forward to a life time of knowledge and fun from this site.Keep up the good work. ps-hope this wasnt too long winded.

roma3112
ken click on this link i think this will help you . http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11522&SearchTerms=SPOUT,ROTATOR hope this helps, i did the concersion and i am fairly happy, the only thing i would change is where i put the spout switch, but that is my doing, everything else went ok. My fabrication skills need help, i first tryied to make bracket and adaptors on my own and failed miserably. If you are in my boat just get all the parts (minus the motor) from simplicity. I got my stuff this past year so I know they are avail. good luck john

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Agricola
I don't have one of those fancy cabs. Are they heated at all by the engine or do they just keep you out of the flying snow and slush? Do your feet get cold?
They don't have a heater. But they are warmed somewhat by the engine, but mostly they keep you out of the wind and flying snow. They are drafty, since they don't have a floor underneath them, and no real seals on the doors. You may not be quite comfortable in just shirt sleeves inside one, but you can certainly unzip the coat and take off the gloves. Your feet could get cold -- but it's still MUCH warmer than being out in the elements... with snow blowing in your face!