Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Best Thing About My AC

IronPony

is being able to help a neighbor with snow plowing his driveway. We got about 8" to 10" of the white stuff last night and I can't wait for my neighbor to come home and see his driveway and parking area all plowed clean. We, the neighbor and us, live at the end of a gravel road so it is either we do it or it does not get done. My AC 712S (repowered to 16hp) does not seem to know it is working. I sure do because I am not so tired and sore after pushing the snow around. Dan

My neighbor is in his 80's, blind and lives by himself. I mow his grass in the summer and blow out his driveway in the winter. He is a Ham radio operator and in the 60's when I was in Japan and Korea he relayed alot of Phone calls home for me.

My drivway is shared with three other house's. This past storm I plowed every one out! One came out and asked me to let them know how much they owe me for plowing, I just laughed and told her "owe me? I should owe you for letting me play at your house!" She looked puzzled. I said I dont mined doing it, and that I enjoy it. Elon

I have one of those neighbors. I do not have a blower or plow yet for my 7016H. I have a antique 1965 craftsman 2 cycle snow shovel, yes a 1965. I have the manual for it also. My neighbor got a nice size walk behind snow blower a few years ago. If he beats me to it he will blow out my drive, about 50' long. After watching him do it, Later when I go to thank him, he will deny even doing it. I have great neighbors.:):)

I always do the neighbors driveway. after 3 heart attacks I don't want him having another. He lives 1,200 feet down the road, I usually walk the snowblower down there and do his driveway. He has a large horseshoe drive, and the path down to the barn, and I clear an area for his two dogs. I never ask for any money, even though he has offered. But the only thing I'll take from him is a tank of gas to get me back home. He's there for me by fixing or building things I need or want, or small engine tech support if I need it. I guess doing the snow is my way of paying him. When I get my plow from Kirk I'll be doing the neighbors driveway with that, that's the main reason why I bought it from him.

Well I got payed last night for plowing. One of my neibors dropped these off last night! Way better than cash! "If ya ask me":D:D:D [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/payday.jpg[/img]

One thing I dislike about being in a "big city" if the lack of a sense of a neighborhood. I have lived in the same basic area for all my life most of my neighbors have been there for many years yet we hardly speak, itjust seems that everybody is so busy and wrapped up in their own lives that they just dont take the time to say hi to their neighbors. I dont know if it is a city thing but it seems that you guys in other parts of the country have a better community structure. Having said that we have neibors near my mom and dad that have been there since i was like 3, I have watched the family grow up, and now it is just the elderly mom and dad there, well I am fortunate enough to have equipment to play with so if my machine isnt in the middle of a mechanical chrisis I will do what I can to blow/plow their driveway. Never have I been asked I just do it. My thinking is that if it were my dad or mom there i would hope that there would be help avail for them, too many people die each year shoveling snow. It is fun to play with when you have the equipment, but for some people the snow means hours of agonozing work.

To tell you the truth, The neighbors around here aren't all that friendly, We don't talk to our one next door neighbor at all, and the other one is a crab. I went to school with one of the neighbors that live diagonally across the street, I graduated two years ago and haven't seen her once. We found out at yard sale that one the neighbors husband had died 5 years before. Shows how much we really know them. In the development across the street I tried to be friendly with some of the people over there, said a friendly Hi and they ignored me. If It wasn't for the neighbors daughter (she used to baby-sit me years ago) I probably wouldn't be talking to them and doing their snow removal, one day last year their dog got out and ran up here, so I brought him back down, and we started talking the breeze. That's when we became neighborly.

Well, I am fourtunate to live in a neighbourhood with friendly people. I blow my next door neigbours out as well as the neighbour across the road, and two other neigbours on a street behind my house, they want to pay me but it's more like I want to pay them for letting me blow out there driveway! I also blow out the local nursing home's side walks and parking lots all with my Agco Allis 1920H and two stage snowblower. I tell you that thing just keeps going and going and does not stop even when the operator is not there( ha ha .. it's a Joke) Take Care Jason PS : My snow removal jobs are real

Neighbors...Ha! :D Now there's a topic worth a few thousand words... Love'em and appreciate'em when you have good ones! 8D You can't build those ol' Robert Frost fences high and long enough, when you have a crappy ones :( We've created our own community here on the farm. Of people who've chosen to live here. 8D There's only one, lone neighbor in sight... who get the 18 foot high fence next year ;):D:D