Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone have this repair book? Need a review

Nick

"- Antique repair manual, covers most out of production Briggs & Stratton SINGLE CYLINDER engines built in years 1919-1981. From the original model "A" to model series used in 1981, this book has the specifications, diagrams and instructions necessary to restore your "antique" engine to good-as-new condition." I was thinking of asking for this for Christmas, and was wondering if anyone has a copy. I wanted to know if it's worth buying. There was no review on Briggs & Strattons website.

Nick I purchased this book when I had to rebuild my cast-300421 on the 3112h, it was well worth the money!! I only needed it for thee one engine i had but this book covers so many briggs engines, that it really is a must have, especially if you are really into collecting/restoring antiques.

Look, If you guys say this is the bible of fix'em books, OK... someday when money affords I'll buy one, I've got the other briggs repair book dated '79 got in 84. I do have a '47 Briggs, used to be on a lawn roller, so it's prop a good idea. First, I have to pay dues. What's a least expensive source to buy one + shipping ??? Thanks a

Nick I just got my copy a couple of weeks ago. It's a "must have" for sure! All the specs plus rebuild info you could ever need I think. Andy-> I got mine from M and D Small engine in Bedford Indiana. Saw it on their ebay store but called them and ordered by phone. $17.95 plus $5.00 S&H. M and D has a lot of other manuals and a lot of Briggs parts, including our older ones. Larry

I also have one of those manuals and yes I believe it's a must have for anyone who's playing around with these old engines. I think that I may have also gotten mine from M&D as well. It's been a while so I don't remember how much it cost.

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Nick did you order yours from M and D ? Enjoy! and Merry Christmas! Larry
Larry, I ordered it from a local dealer over the net, total was about 27.00, I ordered monday, and it was here on tuesday. With UPS ground.