Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Johnny Bucket Ropes...

wantedinct

My johnny bucket worked great, but the ropes drove me nuts,so this is what i did. Now they stay taut, and it's even more fun to use.

Hope the pictures worked, its a first... Eric

Great idea!^ If the springs slide on the rope I would put some small pulleys on the end of the springs so the rope will roll through the pulleys. Where the springs are on the rope it might start fraying :(them. Just a thought. Happy bucketing!:D

Mowerman, the muffler is made out of aluminum, it sounds the same as original Johnmonkey, here's a closeup of the latch for ya,hope it helps Eric

Thanks for the closeup of the latch. Is the muffler homemade? and how about some closeup pictures of the 3 pt hitch. John H

Nice Looking set-up. I like the Idea of suitcase weights. I have some, maybe I will make a set-up like yours. Could you post some closer pictures of the counter weight set-up? Thanks GregB

quote:
Originally posted by wantedinct
Nick, there 4 suitcase style weights, about 35 lbs. each, they hang off a 3 point style hitch i made. Eric
So that's what those are, In the photo it looks like one of those black 5 gallon gas tanks filled with sand.