Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheel weights

oldone

I had some time at work to make these Aluminum wheel weights at work. They were made to fit inside of the wheels. all the work was done on a CNC mill that I run there. 3.125 wide 10.125 od 6" bore with a 25deg. taper wt# 39lbs.

Is that center hole big enough to be able to get to the lug bolts without removing the weight??I always thought they should have a way to remove the wheel without removing the weight... Very nice job...

Wow John those are class! I'd never thought of something that nice for weights! Kevin I'm just guessing but the hole looks big enough to acess the lug bolts. For sure they look bigger than the center holes in the factory weights that came with my Simp 3012V. Larry

I hope that they will fit over the hub ok, if not I will have to recut them. they are a nice fit in the wheel! the one is side flat so I could add more weights if need be. By the way there are not Aluminum, but 401 stainless steel. started out with left over stock that was laying around, it just took a little while to get some the size that I needed. it was 11"x 5" by 3.25 long tubing when I started them. then to find the time to get them cut. But they are done for now! (I hope) John

;)Marty, I was wondering the same thing. :DJohn, I'm wondering what 78 lbs of 401 SS goes for today???Hehehehe :DThank that big guy for drops!!

• 2 weeks later...
I was also wondering how you got 39lbs from a chunk of aluminum that size. Those would be really conveinent, and they look great too!

• 7 months later...
Those are cool!! Your boss must be pretty cool alos, And to think I was worried about sharpening my blades at work???

Someday I will get this picture stuff! The other side! nice tight fit. had to recut for the diff. housing. John