Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Please Read!!!

BradW

Hello, My grandpa has a Allis-Chalmers 912 hydro and the steering is not working right. It barely turns to the left and stops turning and is like a rock, then when you turn to the right it turns a little sharper then the left but the same thing happens. Please help, thank you in advance -Brad

No,the lawnmower does not have power steering,And since it has manual steering would it have the same basic components as a Allis-Chalmers B-10 early? My grandpa has never tried to fix the problem and I think it would be good if I could. Thank you very much! -Brad

DOES IT HAVE POWER STEERING OR FACTORY STEERING. IF ITS POWER, THE ROD END OF THE CYLINDER THAT HOOKS TO THE AXLE ISNT ADJUSTED RIGHT.IT HAS THREADS AND A BALL JOINT, ADJUSTING IT IN OR OUT SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFO. STEVE

Your going to need to investigate the problem further Brad. Start by jacking up the front end and try turning the tires manually back and forth. Disconnect the drag link if you have to to see if it is in the front spindle assy or the gear section. Spindles might need to be cleaned and lubed or might be bent and need replacement. Gears may have rust or debris jamming them up. Drag link may be too short for some reason not allowing enough travel if all else seems OK. Try to determine the cause before buying new parts.