Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pic's of rear weight / hitch

wantedinct

Johnmonkey and GregB here are the pic's you wanted... Thats all the way up

All the way down

Down with weights on

With grader blade on

Thats the grader i got from Rob B.(was yellow), what do ya think rob?

Are those Weights John Deere Lawn & Garden tractor weights?:) They are nice size weights and they are easy to handle... we use them on our Allis Chalmers B... Nice hitch....

Do the weights rest on the grader when it's down to add downward force? The pics make it look like the mounting points for the grader hitch on your weight bracket are farther apart than the normal rear mounting points. How hard would it have been to align both sets of holes and use the same set of pins for both weight bracket and grader hitch?

Bunky, The weights are from an e-z rake set up for a x-mark commercial mower,thats also were i got the motor for the leaf blower set up i made also. Daddycat,your right, the weights do rest on the grader,and the grader is mounted back farther back(3.5") so the blade can be angled with out the weights hitting the blade itself.I didnt want to use one set of pins to hold both (probably would have been e-zer) because the hitch on the tractor is about 6.5" wide,and the grader hitch is about 10.25" wide, those would have been some long pins,and i think they would probably bend a little easier then a shorter set. Eric

OK, that makes a LOT of sense and yuo've obviously thought this through for a while. Nice Job. Maybe we can get together some day, swill coffee and tell tall tales.... lol