Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Christmas Money

papamerkle

If you recieve a $1000 for Christmas and can only spend it on your AC or Simplicity equipment what would you get? This question was posted on a different site and thought this would be a good question. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas:)

I think it should read like this... If you could have ONLY $1000 to spend on your tractors, what would you want the most? Yes, you can get more than one thing if you have change left..... LOL I think it would have to be the B-1 Fork lift for my top pick....

Good luck on finding a B-1 forklift for $1000... buy me one when you find some... :D I'd choose to spend the most of a $1000 on the 515 loader I have (it could use a new bucket, some hoses, perhaps a newer, bigger pump, etc.), and rebuild/repaint a tractor to put it on... probably a B-12...

Decals for my B1 and B110 and a NOS 16 HP Briggs and Stratton cast iron from Small engine warehouse to put in either my 3212H or the B2128D That would pretty well be $1000:)

I'd restore my 3416H, maybee get a blade and snowblower for it. Or maybee a bigger shed, or extend the garage...so they don't have to sit outside anymore...

Kent, I know someone looked at one within the past year and a half or so. It was in pretty bad shape, rusty etc. as I recall but it could be had for that $1000.... So there you go, got a grand so I can go get the evidence??? LOL

Paint and decals,got 4 done and 7 more to get done. Kent I'm not sure on the 515 loader,but on my johnson workhorse loader I improved the lift.At the hydrolic valve there was a relief spring that I added a couple flat washers behind.I can get behind a small car now and pick it right up off the ground.

New paint and decals for my 616 and 627 Yoemans. 616 Yoeman needs a new mower deck. If there is any money left maybe a tiller or snowthrower to fit a Yoeman.

jeese pappy, How can you even ask??? Once your have one of everything you like... then you get more B110s. I am constantly amazed at how cheap these classics are. You could probably get two mint ones and some accessories too. I have to agree with Jk, they do kind'da look like allis D21's.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
So there you go, got a grand so I can go get the evidence??? LOL
Sure wish I had an extra grand right now:(..... Kirk just might have to do some runnig for me if if I did.;):D

I'd completely rebuild the B110 mechanically but not paint, overhaul a few other motors, If I could stretch the $1000 far enough I'd have someone else overhaul the motors, and buy some kind of cultivator. Maybee some ag tires too.

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
Decals for my B1 and B110 and a NOS 16 HP Briggs and Stratton cast iron from Small engine warehouse to put in either my 3212H or the B2128D That would pretty well be $1000:)
Just checked the Small engine warehouse site, it looks like the 16 HP briggs take would the whole $1000 with shipping...:I

quote:
Originally posted by vfd702
Buy a truckload of running boards for you Poor Ol FDT boys !!! Aint I a SWELL GUY ??? lol ken
[:0]B);):D

quote:
Originally posted by vfd702
Buy a truckload of running boards for you Poor Ol FDT boys !!! Aint I a SWELL GUY ??? lol ken
That sounds about as good as this investment advice... > If you had bought $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00. With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00. With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left. > > If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the 10 cent deposit, you would have $214.00. Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. This is my new retirement program, I call it my 401Keg program.