Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
tacomac

carb. problem on 18 hp onan

tacomac
I seem to have gas to the carburater but the tractor wont run. If i pour gas into the top of the carb. the engine will start but then dies.I pulled the fuel line off at the carb and the gas runs out there. I pushed snow with it last week but this week it startedand ran for about one minute than died and would not start again. Is the float stuck? or could it be froze up?

dirtsaver
Earl I have to add Heet or some other drygas to my cans all year because of condensation. I used to have a terrible time with rough starts and freeze ups before I started this. It also helps to have a filter-funnel to fill your tractors with. I really think that with the newer gas cans with long plastic spouts we have now we introduce a lot of gunk into our equipment, much more than when we had the old metal "tractor funnels" with the screen filters on the farm when I was a kid. Larry

tacomac
I took the top off of the carb. today and the pin that holds the float had slid over out of its slot. I put it back where it should be, put the top back on and the tractor started right up. It ran about a minute and did the same thick again. Than my wife made me go Chrimas shopping for the rest of the day. Whoopee, I guess I will try again tomorrow.