Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

John Deere and Sears hack into Simpletractors

stevenj

Imagine my shock and dismay when I go to the Simpletractors.com home page and find Google ads for John Deere and Sears Craftsman garden tractors. Blasphemy. Is nothing sacred anymore? Is this the work of hackers? ;)

If one is confident in their status, they should never fear the competition. My JD 140H3 is still a fine running machine. My Dad was the original owner, still fires right up and does a nice job of mowing and pulling. I do like my Simplicities though.

If John Deere and Craftsman really knew how we ridiculed them here, I doubt they would want their advertising randomly dropped in on this site:D

I to saw the ads for that cowardly green trashy tin foil that hides in the weeds, when the Orange comes around. And I said "On here?" John deere hackers? YeeHaaaaw!!! They are green with envy!

BTW, you can find some of those hard to find Onan parts cheaper at Sears than at your Onan dealers... And is John Deere wants to help pay for a Simplicity site, that's one kind of green that I appreciate... :D

Well guys.... when you have the best small tractor site on the internet, (and I've tried to find one even remotely close and one doesnt exist!) and people as helpful and as friendly as we all are, they must figure...if you can't beat 'em...join 'em!!!!!

Uh, oh. I sense a conspiracy theory coming on, here. Can't quite articulate it, but it has something to do with the color of Kent and Maynard's 5 stars. Hmmm. [:0]

I fess up... I do own a green tractor.... will you forgive me? Especially since it happens to be Allis Big Ten parts tractor that someone spray painted green .... :D

Well, I see there that I have Red Stars. That must be because I use Wheel Horse and Massey Ferguson Tractors....:D ...and no, I'm not asking for forgiveness either.....[:0] Go ahead.....Impeach me....I dare ya!.. I double dare ya!:D

I think that those are random Google adds. I may be wrong. Hey, if dey wanna help pay, let'em. Hit don't make no never mind ta me. Watts ta say wez kint lern sumtom from'em. Watts ta say day kint lern sumtom from us. After hits all ben said and dun, after all, hit'al all cum out in da worsh, don't ya know. After all da ain't a trying ta infringe ona r rats, now r da.:D Smilin Sam kint hep it if'n hein laks dem red'uns. Most men are callard blind. Ima sure dat ifin he hadn't sold all dem orng anda yeller uns he'a be glad ta drive sumton differnt. Sam, we'uns don't wanna throw no peaches atcha[:0]. Wez laks ta eat'um.;)

Those ads are being automatically served up by Google's Adwords advertising program. It sends four ads for each page that it determines is most relevant to the content of that page. I have no control over who shows up, though I could block a specific advertiser, if I chose to... To see how it works, try looking at other pages, and it'll try to match the ads to the content of those pages for parts, belts, etc. I've even seen a few Simplicity dealers show up there.

quote:
Originally posted by DaleC
I think that those are random Google adds. I may be wrong. Hey, if dey wanna help pay, let'em. Hit don't make no never mind ta me. Watts ta say wez kint lern sumtom from'em. Watts ta say day kint lern sumtom from us. After hits all ben said and dun, after all, hit'al all cum out in da worsh, don't ya know. After all da ain't a trying ta infringe ona r rats, now r da.:D Smilin Sam kint hep it if'n hein laks dem red'uns. Most men are callard blind. Ima sure dat ifin he hadn't sold all dem orng anda yeller uns he'a be glad ta drive sumton differnt. Sam, we'uns don't wanna throw no peaches atcha[:0]. Wez laks ta eat'um.;)
This was hard for me to interpret..and I'm from the South.:DBe careful you will get your hands slapped in here for poor pronunciation and grammerB):)

Stormy!!! The reason you had trouble interpreting Dale's missive is you were trying to use the wrong language. Dale was speaking in a traditional Appalachian dialect from the lowlands of Kaintuck. ;^) Larry

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Stormy!!! The reason you had trouble interpreting Dale's missive is you were trying to use the wrong language. Dale was speaking in a traditional Appalachian dialect from the lowlands of Kaintuck. ;^) Larry
I see you both are from Kaintuck:DI use to live there..a long time ago.The trunk of the car is the boot..and you pack everything istead of carrying or toteing it..if memory serves me correct?Kaintuck is a beautiful State.

Larry I have done some settin on the porch myself along with all the coon dogs:Dcouple couches..a few rockin chairs...and heck I have even hung out with the trailer trash...hey I use to be trailer trash:D:)It's alright to be a redneck.

Wellp, Ah's m da noeth, an day ain't no stoppm may m reeden no radnak. Alrot ta bay a radnak? You betcho bippy May'em! One main's trayash is ow notha main's treayesha. po' gramma my, oops... Rob