Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Lawn Bussness expanding bought secound tractor

Jason
:):)Hi everyone Just wanted to tell you that today, I bought a secound lawn tractor for my lawn bussness, It is an Agco Allis 512H Hydrostatic with a 38 inch deck. It will soon be joining my Agco Allis 1920H in my lawn service. It is in need of repairs but the price was cheap and it had been sitting on the dealers lot for about 2 years. I figured, that buying a secound tractor would be an investment because I can fix it up and resell it and make a little money if things don't turn out right with my lawn bussness. ;) It has a Brigg and Stratton engine, which is in need of work. It so cold up here, that the engine might not start, so I will probably pull her home with my Agco Allis 1920H, I can do this since the Simplicity dealer is only a block away, and because it is in a small town:DHave a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year:) Jason

Chris727
Wow Jason! You get to live only a block from a dealer! Too cool8D I've got to go more like 75 miles to get to a quality Simplicity dealer, but if I settle for an inexpereiced dealership Its more like twelve miles. Congratulations on your purchase, hope it works out well for you. Happy Holidays. Chris

Jason
Thankyou very much, In deed I do hope that my purchase works out well. Unfortunatly for me my Simplicity Dealer is soon moveing out of town to the country, but the good news is that it will only be 6 kilometers from my house, still pretty close for me. The reason why they had to move was because my dealer is a full Agco Farm Equipment dealer and they are demanding that my dealer puts up a new building or loss the franchise for Agco Equipment. Besides that the building they are in now is over 60 years old! As for what I charge for my lawn service I go by how big the lawn it is, I never charge anything over 50.00 (canadian) for big lawns, and nothing less then 15.00(canadian) for smaller lawns. As for Snow removal it is 10.00( canadian)per driveway. Take Care and have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I currently cut 10 lawns right now but plan on getting more jobs next year! Jason

Jason
Thanks for the information,I would never ever think of towing a lawn and Garden Tractor without disengaging the transmission first. Last year, the fuel line had a hole in it on my 1920H and the engine would not start,so I disengaged the transmission and got my dad to tow me back home with his pickup truck. Boy are those 1920H hard to turn when the engine was off! even though it is hard on the powersteering I had no choice but to steer the tractor back home, and there were a lot of turns to be made! We got her home safely and had the fuel line fixed the next day. We couldn't do it the day it happened because it was Christmas day and the dealers were all closed. Take Care Jason

Al
Hi, Just a note of Caution. PUTTING A HYDRO IN BYPASS DOES NOT DISENGAGE IT!!! Only hydros like the Sun Star 2 speed, 9020s and Old Vickers that have gears that can be disconnected can be towed. We repaired a 7117 that was owned by a banker that was towed about 2 blocks. About $2.00 a foot.= $1600.00. Towing DESTROYS the motor section. TOWING IS THE ONLY WAY THAT IT CAN BE TORN UP, AND OEM's WILL NOT WARRANTY A HYDRO WITH THE MOTOR TORN UP!!!! No matter how new. These Eatons in the 42 and 5200s have a ball pump and motor in them and do not have a charge pump. You might get away with a little more there than some, because they are submerged in oil. These ball units are more prone to get weak with a little wear. The balls are selectively fit at the factory to tolerences in 10ths of thousanths of an inch. If you disassemble one and the balls get mixed up to the bores it is junk, even if it is new. In a piston the whole piston seals along the bore. In a ball pump the only seal is between the bore and the absolute outside diameter of the ball, a seal width of probably less than 1 thousanth of an inch wide. In reality these units last a long time, but if the fan blades get broken off or the fins on the case get covered with grime or grass, the overheating trashes them very quickly. Hydros are NOT supposed to be towed. That is why the DO NOT TOW warnings and stickers. The bypass mode is for incidental movement, like hand push and not more than 20 or 30 feet. My 2 cents worth and its free, value accordingly. Al Eden

thedaddycat
Now what do you have to say about this??? " -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It was nice to meet some of you guys, in my short time on this site, however I just found out about the dues, and I can't afford to pay them, because I have a Garden Tractor to pay off and alot of other things to put money towards. I appreciate the comments, and It is unfortunate that a young teen like me, has to leave because I can't afford the club dues, starting Jan 1st 2004. Take Care. JB "

JoeJ
:DKirk, ;)hehehe, As Dutch so humbly pointed out, "our chain was yanked" But, hey, it is great to see a young fellow going for it. And it is good that he is staying with us. ;)Jon, I'm mabey 200 yards from the Allis store!! But he is a (sp)Mahindra dealer now. And I looked, there is a bit of a boneyard out back, but didn't go wander.

KSever
Kirk, I thought the same thing when I was reading this post last night. It made me laugh so much I woke up the wife in the other room. Anyway, Good luck with the new tractor and I hope you enjoy It as much as I enjoy this Club.

Jason
Thank you, I will probably stay in the club,The reason why I said I might be leaving because of the dues, because at that time I was out looking at diffrent tractors and I was afraid I would not have anymore money to pay for the dues. I am sorry for causing any problems daddyCat and others.By the way if I can't get the tractor started, the dealer might just use their forklift and carry it to my house since it is only one block away, thanks for the advice AL Take Care Jason