Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wiring up extra lights and stuff

Nick

I would like to wire some lights and stuff up for the B-110. Would like to add flashing lights in the rear, almost like 4 ways but I don't want the headlights to flash. I would like to add a horn, and headlights. anyone have any wiring diagrams or pictures I can go by to do this?

Nick there is a contact post on the regulator marked lights. Use that for pos + 12v route to your switch. From the switch route to a flaser then the lights you want to flash then ground - if the lights don't ground themselfs? For the headlighs do the same thing but leave out the flasher unit.

Nick using Johns directions, make a neat flasher system with a couple of the bullet style truck marker lights mounted on the seat back frame and add a toolbox like Kent has on his Big Ten and hide the flasher unit in there. Thats what I'm planning on my Big Ten and B-10. For versitility use a double throw switch and feed the lights direct from one terminal for tail lamps and the other terminal through the flasher unit for safety flashers. Larry

For the horn route 12v + to a push button switch some place you can reach easy but not bump. Then to the horn then ground - if horn not grounded there is some room behind the grill for a small pancake vw type horn.

What I like to do is rig up some square tubular steel like a ROPS system and mount the flashing lights on there, along with a slow moving vehicle triangle. I might as well. I'll be taking it back and forth to the neighbors, 1200 feet down the street. Does any one know if anyone sells a flange that I can connect the tubular steel too? The flange would be bolted to the seat pan, and the tubular steel would be connected to the flange with hitch pins to make an easy removal so I could tip the seat up if needed.

quote:
Originally posted by jkmustang1
Nick there is a contact post on the regulator marked lights. Use that for pos + 12v route to your switch. From the switch route to a flaser then the lights you want to flash then ground - if the lights don't ground themselfs? For the headlighs do the same thing but leave out the flasher unit.
I just took a look at the regulator, didn't see it marked lights. which tab is it?

Nick Check into Granger or McMaster-Carr or even your local hardwhare. A flange for railing could be made to work all you might have to do is drill a hole for the hitch pin to go through.

If one is not marked lights is one marked 12v+? It should have one marked like that. The diagram I have for lights does not show which terminal on the regulater there are three in the picture two go to the s/g. The third one should be the output 12v+. The diagram does not show a ground strap on the regulater so it looks like it grounds through the mounting bolts and base. It does show a fuse in line before the switch and the lights. Hard to help with out the tractor here but I hope this clears some of the fog.

Here's the wiring diagram for the front lights: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/wiring/lighting_b10-12.jpg And this one shows where the factory back light mounted: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/wiring/lights_b1-big10.jpg

Nick, Thedaddycat is right, a fuse is an important part of wiring. Place the fuse as close as possible to the power source i.e. the regulator or the battery. Keep in mind the S/G only puts out about 12A maximum. You'll need a good battery with clean connections throughout. A good idea would be to make a copy of the original wiring diagram and then add your additions to it. you or someone down the road will appreciate that when it comes time to troubleshoot. Steve

quote:
Nick Check into Granger or McMaster-Carr or even your local hardwhare. A flange for railing could be made to work all you might have to do is drill a hole for the hitch pin to go through.
I couldn't locate a square tube flange, so i'll be going with 1 1/2 inch steel pipe.

quote:
If one is not marked lights is one marked 12v+? It should have one marked like that. The diagram I have for lights does not show which terminal on the regulater there are three in the picture two go to the s/g. The third one should be the output 12v+. The diagram does not show a ground strap on the regulater so it looks like it grounds through the mounting bolts and base. It does show a fuse in line before the switch and the lights. Hard to help with out the tractor here but I hope this clears some of the fog.
Ok I found them, the markings were under the tabs marked F, G, B.