Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hardee Trailer, Anyone know where they were sold ?

Salthart

Ok, I asked about the wheels for this trailer and so far every lead runs into a dead end. So I figured to try another route. The trailer is a Hardee but the logo may look to be Chardee..They were orange and all steel. If anyone knows of a dealer that sells these or ever did sell them , please let me know... I really don't wish to have to replace the whole axle assy,tires and all over a rim ! Thanks for your time.......

Marty, Did you do a web search for Hardee Trailers? Looks like they were bought out. Russell Warren Acquires HarDee Mfg Assets ... bodies and trailers built in Plant City also will be sold under the Warren name. Warren Equipment will continue to offer parts, repairs, and service for HarDee ...

Yes Sir, I sure did. Have e-mailed quite a few of the devisions But there are a few problems. First, There was a Hardee co that built trailers for OTR tractors in Fla.. and I have no idea if the companys were the same or not or even which one was bought by Warren...Maybe tomorrow I'll get some kind of reply...

Okay Marty. Somewhere around here I have a book I bought several years ago when I was delivering trailers. Might take me a couple days to locate it but when I do it will have something in it for you. I'm reasonably sure of that, finding it is another story. Havent seen it in a couple years but I know its here. Its possible your local library may have it but here is a website to see it: http://216.211.136.6/deliver.html And here is an excerpt from the ad: The last half of the book provides a complete directory of all 4,000 potential employers in the USA, Canada, and Australia. Provided therein are the company names, addresses, phone, FAX, and toll-free numbers, contact person names, and the types of vehicle(s) made or modified at each site

Marty, Another thought, A good weld shop should be able to cut off the spindles and replace with something more common. As I don't know what your weight capacity is, I can't recommend anything. But I found VW Rabbit rear spindles and hubs REAL handy to have around. Northern offers some heavey duty spindles too.

OK, I believe Hardee trailers were built in Hardee, South Carolina. I do know of a place nearby that sells Hardee trailers, and its here in NC. I know where Morganton is, its about 3 1/2 hours west of here, on I-40. I live up in Butner, off I-85, about 20 miles from the I-85/I-40 Split. My grandfather has a Hardee Tiger, thats why I know. What size is it?

Bigcountry, I was born in Grandville General.. Spent week-end before last there in Butner. ( Family get together in Stem/Oxford ).. The trailer is a 6 x 10 And has 6.70 x 15 tires.. I walked into a farm store today that deals in tires and found a rim... When I asked the man what they fit, he said trailers..LOL No auto or tractor he knew of ever used them.. But I would still like to know about Hardee... I think I may try and replace the Hubs ( Have a bearing roaring anyway ) and go to the Chev-Nissan 6 lug so I always have a spare to fit. Thanks again for all the input everyone....

Well since you're familiar with this area, those Hardee trailers are sold at Morton and Sherman's in Oxford. I don't know if they sell parts for them though. I do know that Agri-Supply in Garner has just about every trailer part you can think of. They do have a website I believe, and that might would help you out with your search. By the way, who are you kin to? I might know some of them, since they're in the southern part of Granville County, especially in Stem, they're basically 5 miles from here.