Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
RedbarnRick

3416h headlights

RedbarnRick
There was a recent discussion about the availability of these headlamps. Does anyone know of the original maunufacturer or the actual bulb number or the original purpose for this bulb. I can find numerous bulb suppliers on the net but try and find this bulb and no luck, I remember years ago when the first two bulbs burned out that the replacements were real expensive from my dealer. I have two bulbs in front of me and even under a magnifying glass I cannot find a number on it, only USA, stamped in the brass socket. Anyone tried a halogen replacement or similar changeover with success?

Roy
Rick, The number stamped on the base of the lamps in my 7013S is 13606E. The lamps do have a number on them. Try this number and see what you can find. Unless I'm confused and this is the number from the Simplicity Parts Manual.

RedbarnRick
Thanks Roy, I'll see if this number will match up, there are a number of 12 volt 50 watt bulbs but there is not a clear picture of the base, mine have two contact points and two pins to seat in the socket about a 1/4 inch from the end of the base and opposite each other, most of the bulbs listed have a BA15d base listed, anyone know what htat may be?

Roy
Kirk, I'll have to look again. Could be that I read the "T" as a "1". The "E" may stand for halogen according to some catalogs I was looking at today. ikipp, Do you remember who you got your lamps from? Thanks,

RedbarnRick
Guys I have looked at at least 20 sites and while I find some halogen bulbs with bayonet base and duel contact they do not have a lens in front of the bulb, I will try aircraft lights next but these are sure hard to find an exact match for, I hate to give up on these because my sockets and wiring are in excelllent shape.