Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Carlisle Stryker M&S tires

Kent

Check these out -- the ones in the center... these could be a good compromise tire for those who want good winter traction, yet don't need true lug-type tractor tires:

The 23 X 10 has plenty enough load rating for a true tractor tire... Compare the load rating of the two tractor versions versus the 4-wheeler (AT) versions.

Eddy, the one I posted is a Kenda Bear Claw ATV tire. Its on ebay but the seller is a friend of mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=34284&item=2444363961 Rob, you may be right about the "lake effect". actually I hadnt considered them for snow, I was thinking for tractor pulling next season

Dan, what's the load rating of those Kenda tires? Most ATV tires seem to have a load rating of only 400 lbs or so... Eddy, the Chen Shins that we've talked about look like this picture of my Big Ten with Johnny Box. Note how deep and thick the lugs are: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/johnny_box/up_closeup.jpg[/img]

I've been kind of giving the eye to a set like Dan shows. They're called Swamp Witch tires, Dutch had a pair mounted on a 7116? I think. As I recall he needed to raise the seat a tad for clearance since they are 25X10-12 size.

your close Kent. Website says 420#. Probly okay for normal stuff but I dont know about under a loader unless your running duals.

Here is another pic of the Chen Shins, they are now mounted on my B-10. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/arjr111/WH%201077.jpg[/img]

My only thought with going with an ATV tire is how hard is the tire compound ? By this I mean when I was heavily into ATV riding some tires would last a long time while others would tear up in no time at all. I do not know how to determine the compound on ATV tires. Motor-X tires have rattings for the compund for this very same reason......just a thought. The AG tires may have a harder compound then ATV tires...That center tire does look to have a nice combination type tread on it..

arjr, nice tire combination u have there. arjr, how are they in the snow? Do the front ones work well with a snow blade ? Sorry for all the questions , trying to learn a little before i plung down the money for new tires come spring.

Boney, Kent, can answer that question better than I, because I have never used mine in the snow. I have used them to mow and they work fine no turf tearing. But, now they just look pretty one of my B-10's.:X

For whatever its worth, the local Yahma guy who mud bogg races with his 4 wheelers runs firestone AG tires. Never been beat in the local July 4th showdown.. MPH

Kent, I have a pr.of strykers on one of my atvs they work ok for that application but, I think there would be too much flex in the sidewall for use on a tractor. John

John, What size are your Strykers? I noticed on the spec sheet above that the 23-10 x 12 are 4-ply and rated for over 1200 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...
Kent, sorry about the delay in my reply ,Christmas is our busy season . My tires are 22x11x9 not sure what the ply rating is.They almost have to have some flex in order to help turn the machine.John

quote:
Originally posted by Boney
hey guys, about how many years do you on average get out of your AG tires ? I have never had any so I dont know.
Never owned the same set long enough to know. On a garden tractor they'll likely last till the sidewalls crack from age... probably at least 20 years...