Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B/S 23D

dorise

I haven't been a mamber very long so guess i may be a Newbee. That doesn't bother me. What I need is an IPL for my 23D or any other items I would need to help me with overhaul.I would gladly pay a reasonable price and shipping. E-mail me: dorise@pennswoods.net or my address is Doris Ianson 3989 E.Fork Rd. Austin,Pa. 16720

Doris, If you go to the Biggs and Stration site armed with all of your motor #'s, you can download an illustrated parts list for your motor. http://shop.briggsandstratton.com/BShopRepairPartsPage.asp?LRID=1&MECID=100&CATALOGID=39EC87CC-8003-4B08-ABB8-61BB0ADB5155

If that's an original engine then you have to be talking about an early B-10, 1963/4 is my guess. Post some pics if you get the chance...

You may not be able to download an IPL for the 23D from the Briggs site. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you will have to contact Briggs to try and get a paper photocopy of the IPL and/or owners manual for the 23D. Try this link: http://faqs.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/faqs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1423&p_created=948409080 Under "Category" in the drop down list, click on Antique Engine Information" then click on the "Search" button. Then read the list of questions and click on the ones that are appropriate. I hope this helps.

Your right Greg, I had to call Briggs and they mailed the parts list to me for FREE. I received it in only 3 days, and the manual is the Antique engine manual. They are on Ebay most of the time. The dealers I contacted for parts told me the cross for this engine through their micro fish was model 243431, but this I found to be incorrect after purchasing the wrong parts 2 times. John

John, As you found, your dealer was incorrect. While some parts will interchange, the 23D is a 9 hp and the 243431 is 10 hp.

quote:
Originally posted by johnerj
Your right Greg, I had to call Briggs and they mailed the parts list to me for FREE. I received it in only 3 days, and the manual is the Antique engine manual. They are on Ebay most of the time. The dealers I contacted for parts told me the cross for this engine through their micro fish was model 243431, but this I found to be incorrect after purchasing the wrong parts 2 times. John
Some, not all are interchangable.