Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
DaleC

Tach hour meter find

DaleC
I have found the type of tack and hour meter that I have been looking for. The price is good compaired to the others I have located. Check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.enmco.com/home/product10.html Also, can some of you fellows check out my electrical question I have posted in the shop talk forum. Thanks in advance.

Kent
Those appear to be the same ones available through Northern Tool. I had one that didn't last but about a year... after returning the first they sent -- it was DOA.... Now I'm trying the one from Jack's Small Engines...

roma3112
GUYS When searching for a meter for my machine iran across this company, i liked the features of this particular gague. One thing i like compares to the tiny tach i have on my 3112h is that you can toggle between the tach/hourmeter this is kind of neat especailly when i am trying to figure out how long i have been out on the machine doing a particular "task"/playing :D In my case i contacted the company directly . The guy i spoke to was helpful and took the information on my machine and engine and adjusted the maintenence intervals to suit my particular engine/machine. So basically they made a custom programmed gague for my machine. They have many styles/mounting confugurations check them out. I am very happy with how it has worked so far ( nearly a year) while they are more pricey than the tiny tachs i think they offer much more. When ordering the gague I even had to give them the leginth from the mounting point to the plug wire, because the gague is calibrated to that particular leignth of sensor wire, the man said order it a little long and coil up the excess but DON'T cut it because of the loss of accuracy. here is the link to their page : http://www.autonnicresearch.com/ hope this helps john

Bunky
Yes I thought about putting one on the 710 I'm restoring.. I would think that they should be pretty durable, The problem is like any electronic device you just never know how long it will last..

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Redbarn Rick
Does anyone know of a ammeter guage in that style I have a dual battery setup and would like to keep an eye on the charge.
You'd be better off with a voltmeter rather then an ammeter. An ammeter just shows the charge rate of the generator, good or bad batteries. A voltmeter shows you the state of voltage when you turn on the switch, how much it drops when start the engine and how quick it recovers after the engine has started. If the batteries are sound they will recover to about 12.5 to 13 volts and stay there. If they are bad you'll be lucky to get 12 volts and have it stay there.