Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Al

New 4 whl drive Legacy, Merry Christmas

Al
Hi, Simplicity is now building the 4 whl drive tractors. We got our 1 st one today. It is already sold as soon as I get the loader. The loader was back ordered. This tractor is really a step up from the last years Legacy. It is now competitive in the Compact tractor market. Nuff said, Merry Christmas, Al Eden

thedaddycat
After listening to my wife talk about what she wants for her next vehicle for the last year or so(ever since her girl friend got one), I thought you were going to tell us you got a Subaru..... lol

Al
Hi, This is my first at posting a picture here. It would be a lot simpler if these computers had starters, throttles, ignition switches and pistons. Or maybe a steering wheel, I could handle that. Al

I tried to do 2, if the second one isn't here, I will try again

Al
Hi, 27 HP Kohler 2wd 8275.00 27 HP Kawasaki Liqiud 2whd 8595.00 27 HP Briggs Dihatsui Diesel 2 whd 9995.00 27 HP Kohler 4 whd 9250.00 27 HP Kawasaki Liquid 4whd 9625.00 27 HP Brs Diha diesel 540 rear PTO, limited Cat 1 3pt 11095.00 48" deck 1339.00 54" deck 1449.00 60" deck 1629.00 These were the list prices 8-01-03 There is a revised sheet out since, I don't have it at the house, but the change is insignificant. and I think the 27 Kaw 4 whd comes with limited cat 1 3pt too on that sheet. Need to look at the corrected sheet to be sure. Anyway this is ball park on the List price, Al Eden

Jason
They are sure one nice looking tractor I tell you, unfortunatly It would probably take me five to Ten years to pay that machine off!( ha ha ha... Joke)Any way the 27 hp tractor and 4 wheel drive would come in handy for any kind of job!Maybe I should have ordered the Agco version of the 27hp tractor and cancel the deal on the 512! Just kinding of course. Although this new tractor is very stylish with plenty of power, It will never( in my mind)replace the beloved Simplicity SunStar and it's off spring brands.! Even though in real life, the production of the simplicity sunstar sadly had to come to an end, just like the Soverign or was it the landlord that's production line was recently terminated! By the way Al, have you sold any of the new Simplicity front cuts? Take Care Jason

Al
Hi, I have 2 front cuts, and haven't sold any. Have one guy that would take one in a second if a catcher was available. Not likely to happen as the additional weight in the back would just create traction problems. That is the biggest problem with front cuts. The weight distribution makes hill climbing marginal. They will back up a very severe grade though. The price change was the addition of another 27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki, with 3pt and 540 PTO standard. I have one coming when they start building them. I think the situation with the mowers makes sense. A farmer with a need for a 48" deck can buy the 27 and use the 540 to run a 10" auger and free up a farm tractor. Before the tractors were all the same, if you wanted a 48 you took a 20 hp. Now there is one engine size and you can put whatever deck on it you want. Makes inventory control much easier for the dealer. The loaders came down in price this year at 2995.00 They are nice to they put themselves on and off by themselves. The new hyro with 5.3 gpm charge pump eliminates the need for the loader to have a separate pump or controll valve. The new mowers dtive with a PTO from the rear. The mid pto in the transaxle drives the deck. Merry Christmas, Al

SMahler
I dont want to get kicked off this forum [:0] but I dont see how Simplicity will sell very many tractors at those prices. The Kubota (please dont kick me off!) BX is significantly cheaper when compared with the diesel Simp 4wd....and let's face it, the kubota name is much stronger in compacts. (In my area of upstate NY you can get the new BX2300 4wd for $8600) Deere has the same problem with the X4 and X500 series - so darned expensive people just choose the true compacts instead of the suped-up garden tractors. Anyhow, off my pulpit. Really nice rig, just wish the pricing was a little leaner.

Jason
I rather spend the extra money on something that is going to last a long time, no offence to you or Kbouta. But In my opnion Simplicity has a stronger built tractor then Kbouta. My simplicity dealer down the street from me took in recently 2 used Kbouta BX 2200's. The owner's of the kbouta's were complaining about the quality of cut from the Bx 2200's In my opinion nothing cuts better then a Simplicity, once again no offence. For pricing up here in Ontario, The Simplicty new and used lawn equipment are cheaper then what a kbouta would be! As for John Deere, they are over priced, but not if you buy the cheaper version or 100 series Deere from Home Depo. Take Care Jason

maxtorman1234
I dont really know much about Kubotas or the newer Simplicities, but from what I hear Kubotas are made well and have a decent cut. Personally, I dont like the looks of this machine, it looks cheaper than the Kubotas and I think Kubotas look better. In my opinion, I would take the Kubota over this machine, Costs less, looks better, and appears to be more reasonable for most tasks.

Jason
Kbouta's are alright tractors, we are all entiltled to our own opnions on this site,Ihow ever perfer Simplicity over Kbouta because I have tested both a Kbouta and a Simplicity tractor and I found that the Simplicity cut better the Kbouta tractor. I will be a loyal Simplicity owner until the day I die. Take Care Jason

maxtorman1234
I do prefer my A/C's over the newer simplicities and other makes. The only tractors we have are 4 A/C's. THe only other tractor i'd settle with is a Kubota. I dont like the Deeres, they are way overpriced and A/C is better than them in every way. AC is the only make I will buy for a long time.