Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

kt17 to kt19?

maxtorman1234
We were wondering if it is possible to change a kt 17 into a kt19 since the bore is the same, is it possible to use the rods from a kt19 when we rebuild it in the future? Just an idea, Thanks

Al
Hi, I believe the stroke is different. As I remember the jugs are also different length. I went through a mess on this, this Summer with a KT 21 crankcase in a 7119. We were ordering parts and returning them on this and finally discovered that someone had used a kt 21 crank and crankcase. I remember the mains didn't work and thats how we discovered what we had. I also got the guy a used jug for a 19 to bore and it turned out to be a 17, wrong length. If you do a project like this, document everything you do and give the documentation to whoever you ever sell the tractor to. These deals become a nightmare when someone brings them to a shop and you look up the numbers from the tag and nothing works. It results in a lot of lost labor, a lot of parts chasing, a lot of return freight and return charges for parts. My 2 cents worth and its free, value accordingly. Al Eden