Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

kt17 to kt19?

maxtorman1234

We were wondering if it is possible to change a kt 17 into a kt19 since the bore is the same, is it possible to use the rods from a kt19 when we rebuild it in the future? Just an idea, Thanks

Hi, I believe the stroke is different. As I remember the jugs are also different length. I went through a mess on this, this Summer with a KT 21 crankcase in a 7119. We were ordering parts and returning them on this and finally discovered that someone had used a kt 21 crank and crankcase. I remember the mains didn't work and thats how we discovered what we had. I also got the guy a used jug for a 19 to bore and it turned out to be a 17, wrong length. If you do a project like this, document everything you do and give the documentation to whoever you ever sell the tractor to. These deals become a nightmare when someone brings them to a shop and you look up the numbers from the tag and nothing works. It results in a lot of lost labor, a lot of parts chasing, a lot of return freight and return charges for parts. My 2 cents worth and its free, value accordingly. Al Eden