Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

Simple Problem, Simple Solution.....

thedaddycat
An anonymous club member who's about half an hour north of me was going to trash this old lift rod, Hey. I saved it figuring it could be fixed. Now watch close.....

Ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting.... Presto-Change-O, good as new(except for a little paint)...

arjr111
I had a bent lift/push rod like that. I beat it back into place and the fist time I used it, it gave way again. Weakened you know. So I welded a length of rebar to it and it was good as new. Ugly as sin, but good as new! Guess if you are only lifting with it, it will be ok!

thedaddycat
Ummm.... It's Ron that has my Wonder Boy, not Rob who does live about half an hour north of me.... Not that I'm saying it's him, just an interesting coincidence that he lives right about the same place.....

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Ummm.... It's Ron that has my Wonder Boy, not Rob who does live about half an hour north of me.... Not that I'm saying it's him, just an interesting coincidence that he lives right about the same place.....
And a coincidence that he's thanking you for straightening out the lift rod... Ya know, you'd think a railroader would know how to swing a sledge hammer.... :D

thedaddycat
I'll probably go at the kids' Winter Break, when we can all go together and not be split up for Christmas. Dan's making a big road trip in early January and will be picking up my Wonder Boy 700 from Ron. Why, did you get it?

andy gartner
Out this way, Paul Bunyon uses rods like those pictured, for took pics, then straightens them out between his teeth. BUT the bigger issue is...are people wearing their transmissions/ diffs. by using/misusing tire chains on tractors? This used to happen with Jeeps, binders, 4X4's sometimes when chains were used. It was said, chains were hard on trannys. Any relation here? Thanks, a

MPH
The concept of too much traction for the power train is a valid consern. Learned that drag racing, something has to give..Don't think chains on most of these tractors with the hp applied nears the point of consern. Some of the 'lawn' tractor breeds with the lighter duty rear ends may have a problem. Figure if I spin out with chains and two set of wts on the rear I need to use a different aproch to do the job. Figured out the first year I had the 725 its not meant to be a bulldozer when I broke the frame by the BGB. MPH

rokon2813
I dont have anything posted in transportation on this trip. I didnt figure I'd have the room. Rob pm'ed me. If I had more time I might have been able to work out something on this trip and who knows, something may still happen. I'm worknig on it.