Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simple Problem, Simple Solution.....

thedaddycat

An anonymous club member who's about half an hour north of me was going to trash this old lift rod, Hey. I saved it figuring it could be fixed. Now watch close.....

Ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting.... Presto-Change-O, good as new(except for a little paint)...

Nothing like an anvil and a good short handled sledge to take care of simple problems like that... Nice save and a quick fix.8D:)

I had a bent lift/push rod like that. I beat it back into place and the fist time I used it, it gave way again. Weakened you know. So I welded a length of rebar to it and it was good as new. Ugly as sin, but good as new! Guess if you are only lifting with it, it will be ok!

One thing I know it's definitely not Rob, If Rob lived a half an hour north of Kirk, He would have is Wonderboy by now. Just my observation. ^

Ummm.... It's Ron that has my Wonder Boy, not Rob who does live about half an hour north of me.... Not that I'm saying it's him, just an interesting coincidence that he lives right about the same place.....

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Ummm.... It's Ron that has my Wonder Boy, not Rob who does live about half an hour north of me.... Not that I'm saying it's him, just an interesting coincidence that he lives right about the same place.....
And a coincidence that he's thanking you for straightening out the lift rod... Ya know, you'd think a railroader would know how to swing a sledge hammer.... :D

"Encore! Encore!"? OK..........

Man are you guys easy to fool. Just take the pic, then bend the heck out of it and take another pic and post them in reverse order.... LOL

I have a carb adjusting hammer just like yours .....but I could use the anvil to slow down my fast tractors :o) Happy Holidays ,Jim

Man this is a ruff topic! No i don't want that rod even if it was me, who gave it to kirk, that might live 1/2 hour north of him. BUT speaking of Wonderboys when are you going to your dad's again?

I'll probably go at the kids' Winter Break, when we can all go together and not be split up for Christmas. Dan's making a big road trip in early January and will be picking up my Wonder Boy 700 from Ron. Why, did you get it?

Out this way, Paul Bunyon uses rods like those pictured, for took pics, then straightens them out between his teeth. BUT the bigger issue is...are people wearing their transmissions/ diffs. by using/misusing tire chains on tractors? This used to happen with Jeeps, binders, 4X4's sometimes when chains were used. It was said, chains were hard on trannys. Any relation here? Thanks, a

I don't think it's an issue until you get over 30 MPH..... Seriously, that's a good question I've never heard posed before. Anyone have an answer?

The concept of too much traction for the power train is a valid consern. Learned that drag racing, something has to give..Don't think chains on most of these tractors with the hp applied nears the point of consern. Some of the 'lawn' tractor breeds with the lighter duty rear ends may have a problem. Figure if I spin out with chains and two set of wts on the rear I need to use a different aproch to do the job. Figured out the first year I had the 725 its not meant to be a bulldozer when I broke the frame by the BGB. MPH

I dont have anything posted in transportation on this trip. I didnt figure I'd have the room. Rob pm'ed me. If I had more time I might have been able to work out something on this trip and who knows, something may still happen. I'm worknig on it.