Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How I got hooked on Simplicity !

Jason

:):)Hi everyone, I would like to tell you how I got hooked on Simplicity ie Agco Allis Garden Tractors. Back in the spring of 2000 I had just started up my lawn bussness and it was growing. I was tired of useing the push mower:D, so I started to look at diffrent rideing lawn mowers. I really wanted a JohnDeere Riding lawn mower, but was shocked at the price of a 14hp Deere which was used, that drove me away from Deere:(However when my Simplicity dealer had an ride and drive days to try out Simplicty products, I went and tryed out a few models! I also tryed a used John Deere out and when I come pared the Deere cut to an Agco Allis (ie Simplicity) 1614H I had tried, The Agco blew the Deere away and because of the comparision I went with the Agco Allis 1614H because of the quality of the cut:) The 1614H was a wonderful tractor and I ran it until the fall of 2002. That spring I had fallen in love with a used Agco Allis 1920H which had been taken in at my dealer that spring, all through the summer I drove past the dealer lot with my 1614H. Finally in Sept of 2002 I brought the 1920H home only for a test drive, it had to go back to the dealer the next day unfoutunatly[:(. For the rest of Sept I ran my 1614H and finished up the season. Near the end of october my dealer called up and said that someone was interested in my tractor which I kept in good condition![:)]Not long after that I traded in my 1614H for the big Agco Allis 1920H!(quit a change from manuel steering to power steering) I got $1500 dollars as a trade in which brought the price of the 1920H down to $3,300 dollars. I don't regret trading in my 1614H,at the time because the dealer said they had another tractor a 512H coming in soon! This is the tractor that I have just recently bought from my dealer for $500.00. I will never run anything but simplicity as long as I live! ;) Now all I need is a bigger trailer, and a girlfriend8DTake Care Jason

I agree with you there, there is this one tractor ( not sure what the make was) which was demostrated at the open house, the manufacture claimed it could cut grass at 10 mph! Well It certainly moved fast, however the grass didn't look like it had been cut! I guess the company was catering to owners on cutting down time of your life to cut the grass instead of the quality of the job done by the machine. As a side note the manufacture asked that someone take a simplicity tractor and recut the mess that the this other machine did, I guess they were trying to cover up their mistake, before the public arrived! I got to see an early demonstration because I was helping out the dealer for the day as a secound part time job Take Care Jason

Hi,first post and had to say I agree with Jason on the cutting,my dad had 2 B-10's and said when I get a tractor to go AC, bought a JD, mowed more dirt than grass so i bought a new AC916H and have had for over twenty years now, no more dirt and dad was right!

Jason, good story. I have two 35+ year old allis's and as for how they make the lawn look, it is hard to believe. The neighbors all comment on it and exclaim what a shame it is that "they don't make them like this anymore". One neighbor bought a pull behind heavy duty mower. He is sick because it will not mow the grass like my Bee's. He also bought a Murry with a 20 hp and my Ten will out mow his in heavy grass. He just shakes his head. About the girls. In about 14 years, I give you permission to find one!!

quote:
Originally posted by PatRarick
The bigger trailer will cost you a lot less than a girlfriend. Lots less maintenance also.:D:D Pat
Hit the nail right on the head there Pat........;):D:D

Jason, I got hooked totaly by accident. I was sitting in the local coffee shop one morning. An old friends dad had passed on and he was cleaning out the garage. he off mentioned that he wanted to give away an Allis lawn tractor. Quick as a little bunny I told him I'd take it. And I do mean quick, as the local Allis dealer was sitting next to us!! Now I get a friend with a trailer and off we go, figuring on some ugly piece of junk. He opens the garage door and there sits my lovely 410S!! Clean gas, new oil, look it all over good, I'm mowing the lawn!!! (and addicted) My rattie, rutted back lawn looked like a danged golf course!! Now my wife even comes home and tells me of any orange for sale. I run to look at a lot of kabotas, but don't want to discourge her. The pic in my porfile is just the way the 410 came home.

MPH, I did tell my dad and he said "now you've got more grass to mow" rest his soul miss him. My wife does all the mowing and we have about 3 acres to mow. Seems like we have alot of deck bearing trouble,blades get balanced when sharpened, get moisture in the hub so i guess that's why, any cure?

By the way great club, and will send in dues after Christmas cause it's a great way to spend 83 cents a day. Merry Christmas to all. Les

Thoses are some great stories you guys, hopefully over the christmas break I can get my new/ used Agco Allis 512 started! Not sure what the problem is but I am sure my dad and the operator's manuel on the engine will help. If that doesn't work I will turn to the knoledgeble people on this web site! By the way acey welcome to this site you will love it, take care Jason

I don't know, I would think buying more equipment would be more expensive then having a girlfriend! I think its the people who buy the tractors that are trouble ha ha ha... joke and not the girlfriends. Girls arn't trouble and I think that who ever posted that was probably kinding. Take Care and Merry Christmas Jason

yes they are lol.....Tractors and girls have alot in common! both can be very moody! and some days be in a good mood! lol...all in all...about the same! hehe. PS don't tell the girlfriend I said that!! :)