Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
RedbarnRick

Tire chain new question

RedbarnRick
First thanks daddycat for the chain lesson, now here's my problem I bought 16x8 chains for the front of my 88 landlord and while still up on the jack I started spinning the tire to see how the clearance was well occaisionally the chains would hit the spindle brackets,I thought I could live with this until I turned the wheels while spinning and at full turn the chains hit the grease fitting on the spindles, where I would think it would break them off in a hard turn. Should I remove the grease fittings and put in a Rubber plug until spring? I bought the front chains to use with a snowblower to help with the steering, I also have a dozer blade for this and in the past with the soveriegn it would get pushed aside with a heavy load in front of it. I can always use the chains on the soveriegn if you guys think they aren't necessary with the weight of the blower. Merry Christmas to all of you and may Santa get a good supply of the new 4 wheel legacy's

Kent
Rick, You might try removing the grease zerk and putting in a very short 1/8" bolt (I think that's what it is) in the hole. That's what you have to do to grease the High/Low pulley on the oldies... You can't leave the zerk in.

mowerman1193
Seems like to me that chains on the front would be more annoying and a hassle than anything...I think I would run weights and some ags or snow hogs...Also seems like chains would slip on pavement when the snow is cleared...