Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor rear light B10

samson

I'm confused, Is the light that goes in the back of the tractor the same as the head lights. It looks like some of the members have back up lights, some have a switch on it, and some don't. Or is the light a smaller version of the head light?

Roger all three lamps are the same part number. The original lights had individual toggle switches in the light shell and the latter are all controlled via a common dash switch and all operate together.

Roger, Problemo...good question... Look at early pics of Landlords, B-series, download every headlight/taillight manual (there are plenty), you'll see in the pics, the lights are different. My '63 LL came w/h-lights and a T-lite. They are different, yet often the mfg nos ARE the same. They are original, bought by the original owner. The front one's have the swithes on the lights, the shells are more abbreviated, the chrome ring wider than the taillight. The rear lite has a longer shell more pointed, like a pyramid on it's side. Also has a switch. The chrome ring is narrower and much different from the fronts. You can readily see this, in various pics and download drawings. Hopefully, in the spirit of Christmas, some garu, here at the site, will step in and explain this mystery, as well as any other related Universal mysteries, this night may hold. Like in the movie, "It Happened One Christmas," did Jimmy Stewart really jump into a freezing river, or was that a double?

Jimmy DID jump into the river because he was a real American hero. I don't know for sure but I really like Jimmy Stewart, He Volunteered during WW 2 and flew his 30 missions over hostile territory. Was the movie you were thinking of "Its a Wonderful Life"? I really like his values and how he showed showed them. John H

Why John... you are correct!! it was... a wonderful life. Yes, he was and is... the best, in my mind too. How'bout 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington'...great!

I did see that in the picture, thats what had me confused. I've got the two with the switchs, they are basicly the same as the ones without the switch, just the chrome rings. Now I have to look for the rear light. Trying to keep it original. Thanks guys for the info.

Hi Roger, I have bought 2 NOS rear lights for B-10's. Both are the exact same as the headlights. There are 2 different styles as Bob said above. The older style had an aluminum trim ring and toggle switch, the newer style began in about 1965 with a black trim ring and no toggle. Both styles had the same shape housings and trim rings and were both made by Guide. If you would like I can take a pic of one I still have new in the box. Hope this helps. BTW, Allis also offered a combination rear work light mainly for the larger AG tractors. This light had a four position switch on it that would make the light illuminate either red or white. These lights also looked identical to the other stock lights but had the switch on the top side instead of the bottom side like the early switched Guide lights.

OK So for an early B10 I can use the lights with the switch as head lights and get another one with a switch for the back...Cleanbee. send me the drawing for the rear light bracket roger.