Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Carburator Main Jet Removal

wasmeneh

Help!!!! Can't get it out. The guy I got it from stripped the screwdriver slot and it won't budge. Tried an easy out and still nothing...now I've got to replace it. It's on my 4211H with Flow Jet Carb adjustable main jet. Thanks in advance Mike Thank goodness I don't need to mow anymore even in North Carolina, no snow I guess I'll go fishing, for all you up there it's 68 degrees here today. Merry Christmas to al and all.

Come on Guys. How about I drill it out, does somebody know how deep it is so I can mark my drill and avoid the carb body. Mike Merry Christmas

Well, I can't answer your question but I did have the same problem. If your talking about that long brass jet ? I drilled mine out ( very carefully ) and Briggs and Stratton sells a tap for the threads. It's 5/16"-32 thread. The Briggs part number is 19245 and that is for a 2 piece set which also includes a tap for the smaller flo jet carbs. ( 1/4" - 32 thread ). The best thing to do is to compare drill size with a new jet. Briggs also makes a couple of special screwdrivers designed for that jet. They are 19280 ( 4 bladed carb.screwdriver ) and 19062. I bought these tools and for the short money they cost they were well worth it. I hope this helps you. Alan

Go to the next step up in an easy out. Take a propane torch and heat the carb stem gently about the depth of the jet. Use a low flame and don't try and hurry it..Try and heat all around the "Stem" evenly.

And another happy ending on this site. Are these guys great or what. Merry Christmas to all you Santa's helper out there.