Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Playing in the snow

Nick

I thought I share this photo with you all, It was taken 3 winters ago. I had cleared the driveway twice already, when my brother snapped this shot. We ended up with 27 inches of snow that day.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by Jason
What kind of a snowblower is that? Is it a Simplicity walk behind snow blower? Take Care Jason
An 1988 Ariens 7HP, 24 inch cut. Purchaced by my father new for 825.00. Alot of money then, and now for something purchaced 16 years ago.

I find that older snowblowers work better then the new one's. We have a 1980 Mastercraft snowblower with a 10hp Tecomceh engine and 33inch swath. Works pretty good despite it being 24 years old. She is slowing being retired because I have a tractor mounted snowblower, but I will her to blow out the walk ways that are tricky with the tractor mounted snowblower. Oh well It does not hurt to have a second snowblower as a back up. $1000.00 may have been cheap back when my dad bought The mastercraft, but now when I go to Sears I see some walk behind snowblowers that are over $3000.00 canadian with out tax on top of that. Heck you could buy a small riding lawn mower for that price! Take Care Jason

Holy Cow Nick! I bet the snow back there is the heavy, wet stuff too. Of course, when you get that kind of snowfall, does it stay until spring thaw or come and go throughout the winter? You'll like blowing it out with your B-110 a whole lot better when she's done, me thinks.

quote:
Originally posted by stumpy
Holy Cow Nick! I bet the snow back there is the heavy, wet stuff too. Of course, when you get that kind of snowfall, does it stay until spring thaw or come and go throughout the winter? You'll like blowing it out with your B-110 a whole lot better when she's done, me thinks.
Well Bob, Last year we had a "normal" winter, what I mean by that is we got snow like this area got in the 50's & 60's. Over 10 inches everytime it snowed, and it hung around to late March. This year only two snowfalls snow far. Two in early December with a total of 26 inches. Right now it's around 50 and we have had rain, and there is more rain due tomorrow.